come to a point where I need real help for severe anxiety/agoraphobia during tap

[ch...]

Hi I would love to hear from anyone who has suffered severely from anxiety fear/agoraphobia etc during their taper and found help with an antidepressant. I have tried so hard to taper with nothing, but I cannot go on this way and am so scared I wont last.

I have reached a point where I think maybe an antidepressant may lift me out of this and I can continue to reduce the Valium which is currently at 2.3mgs

I had success some years ago with citalopram/celaxa, and am so ill now that think it may be my only chance to pull out of this.

I did go to the Doctors originally with anxiety which has never been addressed.

Has anyone else had help with an antidepressant when they have become so low and scared . Unable to function?

Any positives would be so appreciated. Thank you in anticipation. So lost and scared. I have really tried my best taking nothing through this withdrawal and tapered so slowly, I feel I wont last to the end without some help

chinchuck - so sorry you are struggling - I am on a low dose of valium now too and it definitely has become harder as I've gotten lower.

I did read people discussing taking an AD while tapering in a thread on the Other Medications board so maybe look for that. I don't know anything about Celexa and haven't taken an AD so can't help. What does your doctor think? I know ADs can have s/x when you first start them so that would scare me personally a bit as I can just tolerate the s/x of tapering right now.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Hope you get some answers soon.