help with 0.5 mg's of K, want to try Vodka method

[Ha...]

[0f...]

That's great NMSafe - you are making amazing progress. I have it all written down too as I forget what my liquid dose is unless I look (I still take 2mg in tablet)

Ah. I'm on 100% liquid at this point. Less than .375 daily. Thanks for your vote of confidence! :)

NMSafe - I will soon be on 100% liquid too - once I taper off the 1mg...hoping I adjust to all liquid. I tried to the first day but it was too much so decided to do 2mg tablets and taper 1mg liquid.

quick question, on my current taper, I've been crushing the pills carefully, got it down to a fine art,  should I crush them , if dissolving in the vodka/water?  , or does it matter...

Thanks!!

which is actually better, PG , or Vodka?  where does one even get PG?  I saw another thread, in where the aim was to get a " true, uniformly distributed solution,"    does Vodka do this? I'm in Canada, and was also thinking of a Compounding Pharmacy,  but know little about it, or how they make it... like if it can be trusted

which is actually better, PG , or Vodka?  where does one even get PG?  I saw another thread, in where the aim was to get a " true, uniformly distributed solution,"    does Vodka do this? I'm in Canada, and was also thinking of a Compounding Pharmacy,  but know little about it, or how they make it... like if it can be trusted

HappyOne10001 - you probably saw builder saying that on my recent thread.  I'm in the US and have spoken to three pharmacies so far and none of them use PG.  Not sure why.  I have three more pharmacies to speak with, but I am seriously considering making this at home at this point.  Because I can't tolerate any alcohol at all due to a health condition, I too am also interested in using PG.

So I also echo your question, where does one purchase a reputable source of PG?

Hello HappyOne10001

Sounds like you need to adjust your taper rate/drop.

Could you please clarify exactly how you are making your milk solution?

Titration with alcohol is very easy. Just make a solution using 2ml alcohol to 1mg Klonopin add 8ml of water and take your dose out of this solution. To take .25mg 2x a day you would need to take 2.5ml out of this 10ml solution for each dose.

Bella Amis - would the above recipe be the same if using PG only?

Hello HappyOne10001

Titration with alcohol is very easy. Just make a solution using 2ml alcohol to 1mg Klonopin add 8ml of water and take your dose out of this solution. To take .25mg 2x a day you would need to take 2.5ml out of this 10ml solution for each dose.

Yes, from what I have read they use the same ratios. Personally, I would crush it and suspend it using Ora-Plus Suspension Vehicle before I used PG, but that is just me.  :)

Either one will work just fine, and either one will make a uniformly distributed solution.  I usually recommend vodka because for most folks it is readily and conveniently available.  But PG is available from Amazon, it you can't find it locally.

A competent compounding pharmacy can make your liquid.  But they usually make suspensions instead of solutions.  You would need to know what you're getting (If you make your own, you will know exactly what you're getting.  ;) )

is proplyene glycol ,much  better, or different , than common Vodka? 

Like I said "Either one will work just fine, and either one will make a uniformly distributed solution." 

Alcohol and PG are the two most widely used pharma solvents worldwide.

If you like the convenience of being able to get your solvent at the neighborhood liquid store, then vodka is better.

If you have an aversion to alcohol, then PG is probably better.

Don't obsess over this.  It will not make any difference in the success of your taper.

Hello HappyOne10001

Yes, from what I have read they use the same ratios. Personally, I would crush it and suspend it using Ora-Plus Suspension Vehicle before I used PG, but that is just me.  :)

Thanks Bella Amis - just curious why you would choose the Ora Plus over the PG? 

Hello HappyOne10001

You are welcome....the PG is controversial. It is put in a lot of products. The FDA regulates it in food and other products but have yet to set specific regulations for medication. If you want more info you can read more info here

Hello HappyOne10001

You are welcome....the PG is controversial. It is put in a lot of products. The FDA regulates it in food and other products but have yet to set specific regulations for medication. If you want more info you can read more info here

Oh Bella Amis your link to the FDA is for the wrong chemical. Your link goes to the CFR for propylene glycol alginate, not propylene glycol.

The correct link for propylene glycol is https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=184.1666

Propylene glycol in use for medicines must also meet the requirement of the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) in the US, and the requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia in the EU. (They might be the same requirements, since these NGOs have been trying to harmonize for over 10 years now.)

Oh Bella Amis your link to the FDA is for the wrong chemical. Your link goes to the CFR for propylene glycol alginate, not propylene glycol.

The correct link for propylene glycol is https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=184.1666

Propylene glycol in use for medicines must also meet the requirement of the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) in the US, and the requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia in the EU. (They might be the same requirements, since these NGOs have been trying to harmonize for over 10 years now.)

And just an FYI, 3 of the 4 Rx benzo liquids available in the US use PG as a base/solvent.

K , I was all set to order the 1 ml oral syringes, but they are out of stock on the link given to me,  anyone have a alternative place, for Canada?  I'm terrible at finding stuff like this online

https://www.vitalitymedical.com/bd-tuberculin-syringe-only.html?matchtype=&network=g&device=c&adposition=1o9&keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6raZiv-s4AIVENvACh33eQ5FEAQYCSABEgIEi_D_BwE      sold out!!! !

me again, K I found these on same link, "

1 mL Syringe Luer Lok Tip"  100 increment,

curious though  I've used 1 ml's 10 and 20 ml oral syringes

already. but how many use can you get out of them? as they

always say "single use only"  should I buy 100?  or would

20 be more than fine , if reusable,  and how do ya clean them?

if so!!!

Oh HopeToDoThis-

Thanks for sharing this. I have corrected the post.

Would it be possible for you to provide us with link(s) supporting this collaboration? Specifically data similar to what is shown in the P.G.A. listing? I have searched and have not been able to find such a document, but maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Thanks again!  :smitten:

Oh HopeToDoThis-

Thanks for sharing this. I have corrected the post.

Would it be possible for you to provide us with link(s) supporting this collaboration? Specifically data similar to what is shown in the P.G.A. listing? I have searched and have not been able to find such a document, but maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Thanks again!  :smitten:

The requirements are lists of tests. Unfortunately they're all paid subscriptions that big companies buy, so I can't provide a link.

me again, K I found these on same link, "

1 mL Syringe Luer Lok Tip"  100 increment,

curious though  I've used 1 ml's 10 and 20 ml oral syringes

already. but how many use can you get out of them? as they

always say "single use only"  should I buy 100?  or would

20 be more than fine , if reusable,  and how do ya clean them?

if so!!!

1)  The 100 graduations are insulin syringes, and the 50 graduations are tuberculin syringes.  But it really doesn't make any difference.  On a tuberculin syringe (50 graduations), the .01 is between the the .02 marks.

2)  They are reusable.  I used the same one for months.  The markings will quickly wear off, though, so put a piece of cellophane  ("Scotch") tape over the marks.

3)  Simply rinsing after each use by doing several pull-and-discharge cycles with plain water is really all that's needed.  If you want to fully clean, just pull the plunger out and the 2 parts (barrel and plunger) separate.

Again, you can probably get one at your locally pharmacy, and you can learn about it.