help with 0.5 mg's of K, want to try Vodka method

[Ha...]

Hey all, k, here's what's going, I started a simple liquid taper, on June 18th, from a original dose of 1.5 mg's of Klonopin, ( which I dosed ( the dry pills, pre taper) 3 times daily @ 0.5 mgs) I did the crude taper with milk, ( and I'm still doing it  for now, but will hold, but may switch back to dry pill , 2 of the  0.25mg's for 0.5 mg a day till I get this figured out)  however, something is very wrong the last 2 months, even though I'm as slow as I can with taper as it is, I have constant daily  withdrawal symptoms, nasty stuff , like tachycardia, palps, bad anxiety, severe panic attacks, my simple milk solution, which is now currently sitting  at 35.6mg's - 35.6 mg's - 35'6mg's  for the 3 doses,  day 246 ( I got this far)  which is leading me to believe that my taper is inconsistent and uneven in the body, due to the fact the benzo isn't dissolving, or mixing properly?, I'd like to correct this, with a possible Vodka method, but again, I'm very weak, when it comes to understanding this stuff,

Thanks!!!

Hey all, k, here's what's going, I started a simple liquid taper, on June 18th, from a original dose of 1.5 mg's of Klonopin, ( which I dosed ( the dry pills, pre taper) 3 times daily @ 0.5 mgs) I did the crude taper with milk, ( and I'm still doing it  for now, but will hold, but may switch back to dry pill , 2 of the  0.25mg's for 0.5 mg a day till I get this figured out)  however, something is very wrong the last 2 months, even though I'm as slow as I can with taper as it is, I have constant daily  withdrawal symptoms, nasty stuff , like tachycardia, palps, bad anxiety, severe panic attacks, my simple milk solution, which is now currently sitting  at 35.6mg's - 35.6 mg's - 35'6mg's  for the 3 doses,  day 246 ( I got this far)  which is leading me to believe that my taper is inconsistent and uneven in the body, due to the fact the benzo isn't dissolving, or mixing properly?, I'd like to correct this, with a possible Vodka method, but again, I'm very weak, when it comes to understanding this stuff,

Thanks!!!

Hello HappyOne10001

Sounds like you need to adjust your taper rate/drop.

Could you please clarify exactly how you are making your milk solution?

Titration with alcohol is very easy. Just make a solution using 2ml alcohol to 1mg Klonopin add 8ml of water and take your dose out of this solution. To take .25mg 2x a day you would need to take 2.5ml out of this 10ml solution for each dose.

Quote "Could you please clarify exactly how you are making your milk solution?"   

basically, I started ( in mid June) with 300 ml's of milk,  1.5 mg's of Klonopin, (3 pills) I divided that into

3 daily dose jars, after mixing it all in main jar. using oral syringes to control how much went into the 3 small jars

fast forward, every time I stepped down half a pill, I'd remove the half pill and lower the milk also,  this was last done

early Dec, when I hit the 1/2 way mark on taper, (again, no idea if I went too fast with this, but seemed to do okay physically

etc,  so that last drop, saw only 150 ml of milk being used, and 0.75 mg's of Klonopin, which was at that point, ( to clarify, the 50% down mark)  now it's at 35.6% remaining on each of the 3 dose jars, all 3 today are at 35.6% remaining,

I also need to know, if maybe a Valium Crossover from 0.5 mg's of K to equal 10 mg's of V at this point is worth it?

also that may not be possible to switch, due to the fact my inept doctor hated the idea , and probably wont do it, but thought

I'd ask here about that.

Also, how long should it take to go down 0.5 mg's of Klonopin,  I'm guessing roughly 10 months? that sound about right?  going super slow, or if it were 10 mg's of Valium,  1 mg down a month  for comparison ..

And again, I'll need help with this,  in terms of what to buy, and how to do it, as I'm lost badly here..

Thanks

Quote "Could you please clarify exactly how you are making your milk solution?"   

basically, I started ( in mid June) with 300 ml's of milk,  1.5 mg's of Klonopin, (3 pills) I divided that into

3 daily dose jars, after mixing it all in main jar. using oral syringes to control how much went into the 3 small jars

fast forward, every time I stepped down half a pill, I'd remove the half pill and lower the milk also,  this was last done

early Dec, when I hit the 1/2 way mark on taper, (again, no idea if I went too fast with this, but seemed to do okay physically

etc,  so that last drop, saw only 150 ml of milk being used, and 0.75 mg's of Klonopin, which was at that point, ( to clarify, the 50% down mark)  now it's at 35.6% remaining on each of the 3 dose jars, all 3 today are at 35.6% remaining,

Ok, so 35.6% of 1.5mg = .534mg daily total. .534mg divided by 3 doses=.178mg per dose This is your starting point.

To make a viable solution:

1- Put  10ml alcohol in a suitable container

2 - Add 10 - .5mg tablets mg Klonopin. Let sit for 10 minutes

3-  Add 40ml of distilled water. Shake well before removing your dose

This is enough for approx.10 days

Here is a sample taper schedule starting from 35.6% of 1.5mg divided by 3 doses of .178mg each:

click image

JHA6OSc.png

Here is a link for 1ml 100 increment Tuberculin Syringes

This sample was made with Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk It may be helpful if you check out the Help function prior to using the program.

At this point, I would not cross over to Valium unless I was having severe interdose issues.

If you need more help just ask ...we are here for you!  :thumbsup:

wow, thanks so much for that, I'll digest it over the next 2 days ( as I'm still not feeling well now because of this,) I'll hold my

current taper at 35.6%  , and start obtaining the needed items,  those syringes, ( which I looked at earlier look good) and I'll get some standard Vodka,  I can't thank you enough for this help,  I'll get my doc ( On Tuesday the 26th) to make a new script for the 0.5 mg pills ( I had requested 0.25 mg's before Xmas, )  not sure it matters, I guess as long as 0.5 is 0.5 , I may try to move my older taper down a bit  further till later on, say to  33.3% or as close to that, but I'll hold for now.

also, forgot, I may need help getting the taper, figured out till day 267, I tried to understand it to follow, but got very lost, ( just like last summer, like I mentioned, I'm horrible at this stuff, though I do understand how the first 30 days work

also, forgot, I may need help getting the taper, figured out till day 267, I tried to understand it to follow, but got very lost, ( just like last summer, like I mentioned, I'm horrible at this stuff, though I do understand how the first 30 days work

The amount you take everyday drops .0267mg everyday. The reason the dose stays the same some days is because you are dosing 3x a day and the reduction amount is only 5% and averaged out because it is so small of a reduction. Try not to make it more complicated than it is, just follow the chart and you will be ok. :thumbsup:

No, you really don't.  You will almost certainly make changes to your schedule and procedure as you go along. Even Ashton cautions against trying to schedule the entire journey from the beginning.

Planning 30 days at a time is a good idea.

it's the planning past 30 days that intimidates me a bit, it all looks so complex to me, I will try to collect needed items

also what type of jar/size should I get, I'm not sure the ones I have here now are suitable.....

You need 1ml and 10ml oral syringes and a cylinder which you can order off Amazon. You also need a glass (not plastic) jar that has a tight lid. You store the solution at room temperature away from the sunlight.

I am sure more people will chime in and give you detailed directions on how to make the solution using vodka and water and how to dose it.

it's the planning past 30 days that intimidates me a bit, it all looks so complex to me, I will try to collect needed items

also what type of jar/size should I get, I'm not sure the ones I have here now are suitable.....

So don't plan past the 30 days. You may want to change things by then anyhow. Try to be flexible, as things can change day to day in the tapering business.

So this is what you do...if you decide to make a 10 day batch:

Step #1 - Get measuring & storage items:

1ml 100 increment Tuberculin Syringes10ml Syringe, and a Graduating Cylinders (cylinder not necessary but saves time, use instead of using 10ml syringe when making large batch), baby food jar or the like.

Step #2 Make your solution(this is enough for approx.10 days):

1) Put  10ml alcohol in a suitable container (use 10ml syringe or cylinder to measure)

2) Add 10 - .5mg tablets mg Klonopin. Let sit for 10 minutes

3) Add 40ml of distilled water (use 10ml syringe or graduating cylinder)

4) Remove your dose using 1ml syringe (shake well before removing your dose)

click image

g3ube3r.png

^

Use this sample chart 

1) With the 1ml syringe draw out 1ml (.10mg) squirt directly into mouth.

2) With a 1ml syringe draw out .77ml (.077mg) squirt directly into mouth.

This is your first dose of 1.77ml (.177mg)

Do this with all three doses every day reducing according to your taper plan till you off the poison. Suggestion...practice with water till you feel more confidant. :thumbsup:

K, thanks for all that, now it may take some time to collect the needed items off Amazon etc, should I hold on

my original liquid taper for the almost 2 weeks it's gonna take to get the things I need,  stuff I have now is too crude

to work with this method , so have to start from scratch

ugh, forgot, what's a cylinder? something to mix something in?  I'll need a direct link to see , and know what this is

You really don't need a graduated cylinder, but it will be helpful.

You can use any re-purposed glass jar to mix and store.  I re-used  glass pickle/olive/salad dressing/etc jars.

ugh, forgot, what's a cylinder? something to mix something in?  I'll need a direct link to see , and know what this is

So don't plan past the 30 days. You may want to change things by then anyhow. Try to be flexible, as things can change day to day in the tapering business.

So this is what you do...if you decide to make a 10 day batch:

Step #1 - Get measuring & storage items:

1ml 100 increment Tuberculin Syringes10ml Syringe, and a Graduating Cylinders <--- Links (cylinder not necessary but saves time, use instead of using 10ml syringe when making large batch), baby food jar or the like.

Step #2 Make your solution(this is enough for approx.10 days):

1) Put  10ml alcohol in a suitable container (use 10ml syringe or cylinder to measure)

2) Add 10 - .5mg tablets mg Klonopin. Let sit for 10 minutes

3) Add 40ml of distilled water (use 10ml syringe or graduating cylinder)

4) Remove your dose using 1ml syringe (shake well before removing your dose)

click image

g3ube3r.png

^

Use this sample chart 

1) With the 1ml syringe draw out 1ml (.10mg) squirt directly into mouth.

2) With a 1ml syringe draw out .77ml (.077mg) squirt directly into mouth.

This is your first dose of 1.77ml (.177mg)

Do this with all three doses every day reducing according to your taper plan till you off the poison. Suggestion...practice with water till you feel more confidant. :thumbsup:

[cb...]

No, you really don't.  You will almost certainly make changes to your schedule and procedure as you go along. Even Ashton cautions against trying to schedule the entire journey from the beginning.

Planning 30 days at a time is a good idea.

This. While I only have a limited amount of Klonopin left, I can taper off pretty slowly for the next year, year & a half. I got myself into what was probably needless suffering because I was hellbent on doing my taper in a year or so. I had my calendar set up to drop my dose like clockwork. Bad news for me. I kept on trucking when I probably could have held easily. Please try not to chain yourself down to a set schedule.

I should be okay the amount of time it takes to get it done right,  and I have my other doc, ( which I'll ask on March 5th) if

he'll continue the script if I need it etc,  my other doc who put me on this poison is retiring in April , but assured me I would have

enough Klonopin to get through this, but her idea of that timeframe , and mine may differ,  but with some persuading, I'm sure I can keep the pills coming as long as I need them... I'll be okay, and I've learned so much, still very nervous about this new process, , but will go about collecting the items, posted k!!!

[cb...]

Agree with NMSafe - I tossed my whole calendar and now just taper slowly and listen to my s/x and taper accordingly.

Well, I did copy & paste a loose 10% a month taper schedule to use. I’ll hold if I need to and use the attenuated schedule to slow down towards the end. If I need to refer to it I will. If I get a better feel for it all later, I’ll toss it. Right now I cannot remember how much I took the day before without looking at my morning dose I wrote down. I just know that if things go well at this pace, my evening dose will be 5 ml for a few months with my morning dose eliminated.

That's great NMSafe - you are making amazing progress. I have it all written down too as I forget what my liquid dose is unless I look (I still take 2mg in tablet)