Liquid taper not working???

[Fi...]

Liquid taper not working??? Been using proper liquid water/vodka solution now since the 1st. My morning and evening doses are slightly uneven, with evening dose being .25 K in solid form and AM dose in liquid at .175 mgK. Feeling very, very nauseated all day everyday, no appetite, continued weight loss, eating very little within near vomiting afterwards  and dry heaves. Held cuts over 2 weeks. Anybody on here try liquid taper (with proper water/vodka solution) and not do well with it/had to switch to dry cut? Scared to switch to to full liquid. I just keep getting sicker and don't know why. Please share if youve failed liquid taper and gone to dry cut. Can't tell if I'm Having interdose withdrawals and I need to even out dose more, or dose more often? Just switched to brand name K (expensive) to see if it would help, but it hasn't yet, getting sicker. This sickness used to just be in he mornings, and now it is 24/7!!!

Liquid taper not working??? Been using proper liquid water/vodka solution now since the 1st. My morning and evening doses are slightly uneven, with evening dose being .25 K in solid form and AM dose in liquid at .175 mgK. Feeling very, very nauseated all day everyday, no appetite, continued weight loss, eating very little within near vomiting afterwards  and dry heaves. Held cuts over 2 weeks. Anybody on here try liquid taper (with proper water/vodka solution) and not do well with it/had to switch to dry cut? Scared to switch to to full liquid. I just keep getting sicker and don't know why. Please share if youve failed liquid taper and gone to dry cut. Can't tell if I'm Having interdose withdrawals and I need to even out dose more, or dose more often? Just switched to brand name K (expensive) to see if it would help, but it hasn't yet, getting sicker. This sickness used to just be in he mornings, and now it is 24/7!!!

Hey..

Sorry to hear..

-I havnt gone through your history, so this is just general...

Yes a number of us do have a variety of issues crossing to liquid..  These can range from mild to full CT like SX... Duration can vary..

It seems that it is usually fixed fairly easily by by a slower and/or partial C/O...  Anyways, there is a high chance your not going mad unexpectedly...  Perhaps a bit of "tweeking" will be all it takes...

Liquid offers lots of advantages for many people, so it would be great if you can find a way... But it shouldnt be hell to do...  like I said, a bit of time seems to help most times...

All the best...

Sorry you’re feeling like this it can be stressful to switch the dosing method I almost lost it when I did. So it sounds like it’s been a few weeks now? If it were me I’d go back to the pill form and see if you feel better, that may be the only way to know. Maybe your body is registering the liquid as a cut which could cause symptoms too. I know that is common. How long do you usually have sx after a cut? If you are being consistent in your dose I’d maybe wait a few more days or if you can’t take it try going back and see if that helps. Hoping you feel better soon!

Like you, my body did not do well on liquid.  I went back to micro tapering with dry cuts and I was able to successfully complete the taper doing so.  Incidentally, I did not find daily dry cutting any more difficult than liquid.  After speaking with a local compounding pharmacist for tips on best micro cutting practices, he underscored the importance of consistency over accuracy. 

Best of luck to you moving forward.

Like you, my body did not do well on liquid.  I went back to micro tapering with dry cuts and I was able to successfully complete the taper doing so.  Incidentally, I did not find daily dry cutting any more difficult than liquid.  After speaking with a local compounding pharmacist for tips on best micro cutting practices, he underscored the importance of consistency over accuracy. 

Ss24 can you explain what you mean by consistency over accuracy?

Ss24 can you explain what you mean by consistency over accuracy?

I was concerned about precisely cutting .002g each time I made a single cut on a single day.  Instead, I was encouraged to make a series of .002g cuts, or as close to, from a batch of pills and in the same place under the same conditions to provide a consistent cut with few variations in cutting atmosphere which helps with accuracy.

In the beginning with this method, I planned to cut .005g per week and would do all my cutting on one day and store my dosages accordingly.

And, as it turned out, they were all very close to .002g.  My taper was not symptom free with this method but allowed me to feel well enough to continue to zero where I struggled with liquid.

Do you have a 3 decimal place gram scale? 

Also, wanted to share with you that I found the end of K very difficult, too, and had to come off using other Benzos. Another buddy here, Kgirl, had a similar experience.

Just wanted to share that you are not alone with this and there are other options to explore should you choose. Keep asking questions, there are many experienced Buddies here and several options that may work out for you.

Take good care.

Ss24

Congrats to those commenting above who are so low in taper and close to the end of the finish line and those who have succeeded! That is awesome!!! I'm very happy for you (and kind of jealous  ;)) I hope one day I can survive this poison and heal and put it all behind me! That is inspiring. I have the Amazon Gemini scale that I think most people on here use, with the tweezers and the little bowl and I bought a little spatula too. Played around with the scale one night and was scared of the variability because the pieces are so tiny. How do you microtaper with the regular .5 pills? Do you crush them first into dust and measure with mortar and pestle? How do you get the remaining "dust" out of the bowl and measuring bowl? Do you lick it clean? Lol! :laugh:Where do you store it if you cut it in advance? I bought empty gel-capsules too, but they're awfully big for tiny amounts of dust. Not sure how I would convert current AM dose equivalent of .175 into gram weight (I guess I could do some crazy math and figure out the actual weight of a pill and convery to gram weight and figure it out from there. Liquid taper is so convenient, for tiny tapers, but I just don't know. I'm new to tapering, but I haven't changed anything really since the 1st and have gotten increasingly sick.  I know with liquid taper, I water rinse and drink rinse water from my syringe and my cup so I don't miss a morsel because I'm seriously kindled and dry heave all the time/ am nauseous and have lost over 40lbs. (Might still have weird GI stuff going on and I'm getting second opinion, but I make the Benzos are compounding my problems) . All methods and comments greatly appreciated!

Congrats to those commenting above who are so low in taper and close to the end of the finish line and those who have succeeded! That is awesome!!! I'm very happy for you (and kind of jealous  ;)) I hope one day I can survive this poison and heal and put it all behind me! That is inspiring. I have the Amazon Gemini scale that I think most people on here use, with the tweezers and the little bowl and I bought a little spatula too. Played around with the scale one night and was scared of the variability because the pieces are so tiny. How do you microtaper with the regular .5 pills? Do you crush them first into dust and measure with mortar and pestle? How do you get the remaining "dust" out of the bowl and measuring bowl? Do you lick it clean? Lol! :laugh:Where do you store it if you cut it in advance? I bought empty gel-capsules too, but they're awfully big for tiny amounts of dust. Not sure how I would convert current AM dose equivalent of .175 into gram weight (I guess I could do some crazy math and figure out the actual weight of a pill and convery to gram weight and figure it out from there. Liquid taper is so convenient, for tiny tapers, but I just don't know. I'm new to tapering, but I haven't changed anything really since the 1st and have gotten increasingly sick.  I know with liquid taper, I water rinse and drink rinse water from my syringe and my cup so I don't miss a morsel because I'm seriously kindled and dry heave all the time/ am nauseous and have lost over 40lbs. (Might still have weird GI stuff going on and I'm getting second opinion, but I make the Benzos are compounding my problems) . All methods and comments greatly appreciated!

I purchased a higher end scale

https://www.oldwillknottscales.com/and-newton-ej-123.html

but, found the Gemini a good substitute while traveling

I would chip the pill catching the crumbs/dust onto this paper and store the folder paper in plastic bags

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/fisherbrand-low-nitrogen-weighing-paper-3/p-22456

While on K, my Teva brand and then brand name V were hard pills that chipped well and didn't need to use a mortar and pestle. I also used the .25 mgs K wafers while on the lower dosages of K.

I converted everything into gram weight and then converted into mgs using an average from my batch of pills.  Weigh your .5 mg tablet in grams, then you'll be able to calculate your dry weight dosage equivalent for .175 mgs. 

Liquid certainly has its advantageous if you stabilize.  I just couldn't and needed a plan B.

I couldn't keep weight on while tapering K, either.  That changed when I added in the Valium.............

SS24

I would chip the pill catching the crumbs/dust onto this paper and store the folder paper in plastic bags

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/fisherbrand-low-nitrogen-weighing-paper-3/p-22456

While on K, my Teva brand and then brand name V were hard pills that chipped well and didn't need to use a mortar and pestle. I also used the .25 mgs K wafers while on the lower dosages of K.

I converted everything into gram weight and then converted into mgs using an average from my batch of pills.  Weigh your .5 mg tablet in grams, then you'll be able to calculate your dry weight dosage equivalent for .175 mgs. 

Liquid certainly has its advantageous if you stabilize.  I just couldn't and needed a plan B.

I couldn't keep weight on while tapering K, either.  That changed when I added in the Valium.............

SS24

Thank you!!! Did you have awful nausea on K? Was it better in V? Did you have awful crossover? I just can't seem to stabilize. I'm on the Vskium equivalent of 8.5 right now.... gonna try to stabilize a little longer. I'm scared to switch to Valium  since so many on here don't tolerate it, but I'm so tired of being so sick every single day!!!

SS24

Thank you!!! Did you have awful nausea on K? Was it better in V? Did you have awful crossover? I just can't seem to stabilize. I'm on the Vskium equivalent of 8.5 right now.... gonna try to stabilize a little longer. I'm scared to switch to Valium  since so many on here don't tolerate it, but I'm so tired of being so sick every single day!!!

Yes, I had horrible head pressure and nausea, to name a couple top 2, while on Klonopin.  My route off klonopin was convoluted ending up c/t off .25 mgs (horrendous), reinstated onto Xanax due to liver enzymes, then tapered off X until .8 (couldn't manage the inter dose pain) leading to my physician wanting to add in 6.5 mgs of V but not crossing over.  He felt the rapid removal of X would be too jarring on my CNS and he was correct.  From there, I finished my X taper followed by the V.

For me, I could not taper off of klonopin directly.  I had tried twice and failed both times.  But, had I known the first time what to expect I would have pushed through.  My subsequent tapers became exponentially harder.  I think its important to get it correct the first time.  With that said, Valium was "easier" in that I could remove a smaller percentage, did not cause nausea, emaciation, head pressure or depression.  I could function and raise my children while on valium, I could not while tapering the low doses of K. 

But, I remained symptomatic throughout my V taper.  I tried many different tapers and techniques from holding to updosing to faster to slower etc but did not find the holy grail of symptom free.  I believe for me, my previously failed tapers and c/t factored into my symptom experience on my final attempt. 

Is your doctor open to using another benzo?