Point of liquid titration?

[Ye...]

I think liquid titration is easier and more precise to make daily cuts. And you don't need a scale...I was freaked out that it would be hard but it is actually super easy.

1)  Liquid is much easier.

2) Liquid is much more consistent.  (uniform distribution)

3)  You can make much smaller measurements/decrements with liquid.  (.01mg is easy,  and .001mg is possible)

Yeah pill distribution is not uniform, a solution is.

I can’t tell you how many times I broke a Xanax in half back when I first started taking it (and thus still felt each dose) and one half would knock me on my butt and the other half would barely touch me.

[f6...]

Yeah pill distribution is not uniform, a solution is.

I can’t tell you how many times I broke a Xanax in half back when I first started taking it (and thus still felt each dose) and one half would knock me on my butt and the other half would barely touch me.

Yup. Never considered this during the first part of my taper. I finally got SLAMMED last October. I was too out of it and scared to try liquid titration (I’d also stopped going to the prescribing psychologist because she was an unprofessional b*tch and I had enough, I figured, but a limited quantity of Klonopin) and kept dry cutting until the symptoms were nearly unbearable. After almost a week on the liquid I already feel SO MUCH BETTER.

Hi YH,

Completely concur with what others have stated.

I began my taper by pill cutting & weighing on a jeweler's scale.  It was a fairly bumpy ride.

Once I began the liquid microtaper, everything smoothed out within a few days of commencing.

To be clear, I was doing daily reductions for both (no cut & hold), so that component was consistent throughout.

Unsure if this is just correlation (not causation), but sleep is much improved (big yay!).  Of course, that's also relative; 5-6 hours/night instead of 2-3 hours/night.  :thumbsup:  I've also been able to increase my taper rate with no increased sxs.

HTH.

xo,

sierra :smitten:

That is GREAT to hear Sierra! I way prefer a DLMT too but sleep is still an issue...hoping it improves. Going to test drive Unisom and Melatonin in small amounts...

[f6...]

That is GREAT to hear Sierra! I way prefer a DLMT too but sleep is still an issue...hoping it improves. Going to test drive Unisom and Melatonin in small amounts...

Awesome to hear. I got 8 or more hours of sleep last night after not sleeping more than 4-5 hours at best for a month. Im almost a week into my DLMT. I really hope your sleep improves quickly, Pete.

Awesome to hear. I got 8 or more hours of sleep last night after not sleeping more than 4-5 hours at best for a month. Im almost a week into my DLMT. I really hope your sleep improves quickly, Pete.

OK then - improved sleep a week after starting DLMT - that's 2 of us, NMsafe.  Perhaps the beginning of a happy trend, me hopes?   

Definitely keep us posted on your sleep status, Pete.  We'll send over the sleep fairies to work their magic.  :balloon:

Wishing you all peaceful zzzzzzzzzzzs...

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

[f6...]

OK then - improved sleep a week after starting DLMT - that's 2 of us, NMsafe.  Perhaps the beginning of a happy trend, me hopes?   

Definitely keep us posted on your sleep status, Pete.  We'll send over the sleep fairies to work their magic.  :balloon:

Wishing you all peaceful zzzzzzzzzzzs...

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

Yes yes yes! I hope so!!

[f6...]

Thanks Sierra and NMSafe - send those sleep angels my way please  :angel:

Prayers for you, Pete!!!! I get semi-insane when I don't sleep. Terrible disconnect, dp/dr. I'm so sorry.

Many of us are extremely sensitive to these Benzos. I think a liquid solution just makes The most sense to get a very precise and consistent dose, with ability to make very small cuts so as to avoid disruption to our CNS.  It is working well for me.

[f6...]

Many of us are extremely sensitive to these Benzos. I think a liquid solution just makes The most sense to get a very precise and consistent dose, with ability to make very small cuts so as to avoid disruption to our CNS.  It is working well for me.

I'm so so glad to hear this!! Very happy for you. :)

Hi NMSafe and Sierra -

Had the best sleep I've had in a long time last night!

I agree - a DLMT is definitely the way to go when tapering. I am doing 5% every 2 weeks which seems very slow but is working so not going to change anything. What percent is everyone else doing?

[f6...]

Hi NMSafe and Sierra -

Had the best sleep I've had in a long time last night!

I agree - a DLMT is definitely the way to go when tapering. I am doing 5% every 2 weeks which seems very slow but is working so not going to change anything. What percent is everyone else doing?

Yay!! I slept for NINE HOURS last night. 🙌🏻

3)  You can make much smaller measurements/decrements with liquid.  (.01mg is easy,  and .001mg is possible)

Builder,

I am on 10 mg.  Dissolving 5 mg in 300 liquid ( Milk) at 5% rate.  The next taper will have to be 6 mg.  So how much more liquid would I need to dissolve 6 mg?  Would it be like 350?

[f6...]

NMSafe - what helped improve your sleep do you think?

I started getting hit pretty hard when I was breaking both .5 and 1 mg. tablets dry into pieces. Kept getting worse and worse, but I was in a hurry to be done. Not sure, but I just missed a few night's sleep here and there and I got scared worse. I was worried about a host of symptoms, but was particularly worried about my sleep.  I'd had a lot of trouble with anxiety about sleep for a few years and I avoided sleeping at night, but to sum it up, I just started talking to myself the way I would my granddaughter for instance. "It's okay. You're okay. It's all going to be okay." etc. trying not to obsess too much about how long I slept. Giving up, so to speak. Not worrying about sleep helps. (Hard, I know) also, going back to breaking pills up, I switched to liquid micro tapering and I'm nearly 100% sure that having a more regular dose of klonopin in me has helped because God only knows how much active ingredient is in each part of the pills.  I'm sure in retrospect that my blood levels were all over the place taking pill pieces.  It's all a guessing game really. :) Sorry for rambling!!!

I know not worrying about sleep is difficult, because it seemed to me like for a while sleep is the only time I got a reprieve from the onslaught of symptoms. I was straight up JEALOUS of my husband who is known to be able to sleep standing on his head. I had to LET GO.

Thanks NMSafe - those are great tips. I am too trying not to obsess and worry about sleep - I just wish I wasn't jolted awake so much at 4am (sometimes earlier) and then can't go back to sleep.

I've heard a low dose of Trazadone (25mg) before bed can help - but of course, another drug.

Haven't tried Unisom yet either...didn't work for me years ago.

SO glad you are getting better sleep. I wish I could sleep on my head too like your husband  :D

Builder,

I am on 10 mg.  Dissolving 5 mg in 300 liquid ( Milk) at 5% rate.  The next taper will have to be 6 mg.  So how much more liquid would I need to dissolve 6 mg?  Would it be like 350?

No need to add liquid (that would actually give a smaller reduction!)

300ml X 5% = 15 ml

300ml X 6% = 18ml

If you like the 300ml mix, that's OK, but the simplest system with milk is to dissolve your dose in 100ml.  Then each ml = 1%.