Ativan- Dry Cut- 1 MG

[La...]

Hi Everyone,

I've decided to do a dry cut for 1 mg pf Ativan taken nightly. I would prefer not to spread my dose throughout the day if inter-dose withdrawal effects are tolerable. I just purchased a exacto blade and a jewelry scale on Amazon. I'm not the best at math. Can someone help me out with what a taper schedule would look like at both 5 and 10% so I can compare

1) A reduction of 5%

2) A reduction of 10%

Also at what dosage should I "jump"

Thanks in advance,

Lanna

Hi Everyone,

I've decided to do a dry cut for 1 mg pf Ativan taken nightly. I would prefer not to spread my dose throughout the day if inter-dose withdrawal effects are tolerable. I just purchased a exacto blade and a jewelry scale on Amazon. I'm not the best at math. Can someone help me out with what a taper schedule would look like at both 5 and 10% so I can compare

1) A reduction of 5%

2) A reduction of 10%

Thanks in advance,

Lanna

You need to choose a time frame to go with your "reductions"  Ex:  5% per 10 days, 10% per 2 weeks. etc.

You will need to know the weight of your tablets before you can make a specific dose reduction plan.  For example, it your tablet weighs .150g, and you cut 5%/10 days, it would be like this:

.150g X 5 % = .0075g

.0075g/10 days - .00075g/day

or, you could just do a .0075g cut (new weight would be .150g - .0075 = .1425g) and hold for 10 days.

Builder, ahhh thanks that makes so much sense that I need to actually know the weight of the pill itself. I guess I'll have to wait for my jewelry scale to come in the mail:)

Hi Everyone,

1) A reduction of 5%

2) A reduction of 10%

Thanks in advance,

Lanna

Hi Lavendervelvet-

The sample below was made with this program where you can Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk It may be helpful if you check out the Help function prior to using the program.

If you need more help just ask ...we are here for you!  :thumbsup:

click image

72eG91Y.png

I would spread it through the day to start with. For example 0,25mg in the morning, 0,25 in the afternoon and 0,50mg  before sleep. I did it before and worked good for me. I jumpes from 0.12,5 mg without difficulty.

Taperdude