My Dr wants me to c/o k to x, isnt x harder to quit

[jo...]

Been on klonopin so long, Dr wants me to go from 2.5 klonopin a day to 2mg long acting xanax in AM and 3- .25 doses for breakthrough, but im 3 days into taper, but starting to not focus or get with it all of a sudden and having rushes of anxietyhaving just cant think straight

Hey. Can’t associate with feelings of X because never been on it before however my Dr switched me from Ativan to K and ever since I started with K don’t feel the same, think it’s just the new Benzo in your system. Give it more time. I’m sure you will be fine and stabilize. It’s only been short time thus far. Patience. You will be fine.

Been on klonopin so long, Dr wants me to go from 2.5 klonopin a day to 2mg long acting xanax in AM and 3- .25 doses for breakthrough, but im 3 days into taper, but starting to not focus or get with it all of a sudden and having rushes of anxietyhaving just cant think straight

Hey joe hoe,  truthfully I have read a lot on this forum and that is a taper plan than I have never seen.  I see he has put you on longer acting xanax to cover the K.  Have you read about longer acting xanax?  I believe I have and it still wouldn't last as long as the k.  Let's hope some more people chime in here, this is one, I am not confident enough to give an opinion on.  Mary

I'm tapering from xanax and not having too hard a time with it. Just a few hiccups here and there.

But you can't taper from long-acting pills (also called extended release, modified release). You can't chop up the pills, file down the pills, or dissolve the pills, because then they're no longer "long acting."

I'm tapering from xanax and not having too hard a time with it. Just a few hiccups here and there.

But you can't taper from long-acting pills (also called extended release, modified release). You can't chop up the pills, file down the pills, or dissolve the pills, because then they're no longer "long acting."

Valuable to know I had never heard that. Interested what joehoe's doctor says about that

Dr now has me on V 30mg day to cover K 2mg a day, it doesn't line up with the protocol, Just got through a week of hell, I stayed on K 2mg without updose so far, I cut .5 k 2weeks ago, just starting to feel a bit better x 2 days, can I switch to 30 V from 2 K or am I gonna be too low?

That makes no sense to me--I actually did the opposite; switched from X to K, and finally to V before tapering off.  X has a very, very short half life, which makes interdose withdrawals a nightmare compared to K. 

- I see you tapered off Valium, 20mg, in 6 months. I am tapering Valium now too and at 2.27mg - my taper will end up being around 9 months from 10mg last October.

How did you feel when you jumped? What dose did you jump from? Any tips for people at the lower doses. I am doing a DLMT now so cutting a little every day....

[e3...]
Pretty sure you can dissolve the long acting pills in ethanol or PG.  Of course that would destroy whatever "coating" makes it time released, but Xanax is still short acting in the body and I can't understand why a doctor would switch from Klonopin to Xanax at all. 

I followed the Ashton Manual to the letter and jumped at 1mg.  Some think that's crazy and decide to jump at .5 or .25, but I just didn't think I was getting any therapeutic benefit from that small a dose anyway, and just jumped.  It was totally fine; no different

than any other cut I had made previously.  Perhaps a bit more anxiety over not taking "a pill" but that was more a mental thing to

overcome, rather than a physical thing.