Unbearable pain everywhere

[Sc...]

Has anyone had excruciating pain everywhere in their body constantly that comes and goes? I have pain in my shoulders, spine, lower back, hips, my cheek bones and jaw, behind my eyes, sides of my face and neck, my head hurts... I Mean so many places and it feels so deep and so painful, I keep believing I must be dying of something. Cancer or some kind of horrible disease. I can't function. I'm scared and hurting so much. I don't want to smile or interact, I don't want to do anything but cry and sleep because of the fear and pain. Could someone maybe chime in and please send some reassurance my way because I'm truly at my wits end and I'm starting to believe this isn't withdrawal anymore. I'm nine months out and this pain is worse than it has ever been.

Hey there, you are not alone. I have pain in all the places you just described. Worse in some areas than others. I did not have this prior to withdrawal, so I know it is withdrawal. Despite being such a simple concept, it’s a bitch convincing myself of that every single day, but I try. Because I believe that’s the only way I will get better, is believing it will go away. It almost did for a week at month 3, but month 4-6 have been bad.

I find heat helps, light-moderate exercise helps. Especially light resistance exercise ON THE AFFECTED MUSCLES. That part is key, I find trying to avoid the painful parts makes everything worse, and it’s impossible anyway.

I’m positive the pain is muscle spasms and nerves sensitive already that are entrapped by muscles. Exercise gets them oxygen.

I have pain and discomfort everywhere. I cant even breath well as it's effecting all the breathing muscles to. It never let's up. We're both 9 months out so we have this is common

At 11 months out c/t from Restoril and Zanax, I get pains, stiffness, muscle tightness, joint stiffness that come out of nowhere it seems. I do push myself to exercise everyday in addition to taking hot baths every evening. Epson salt baths are great! I have noticed a decrease in the frequency in which the sxs occur(much better than 3 months ago). It's awful but this too shall pass.

I have had pain as you described throughout my withdrawal. Primarily in my spine and in random places in my abdomen. Last month was one of the worst for my spine but it's feeling a little better this month. It comes and goes. You're not alone.

Thanks so much everyone for all your replies. It's assuring to know this isn't uncommon because it's been one of my most frightening symptoms. I pray you all feel and get better soon.

I have it throughout whole back, neck, shoulders, buttocks, hips. Just horrible.

Upper back is like tight painful ropes that are sprained. It hurts my back to breathe.

You know of you crick your neck? My whole body feels like that.

Mines is exactly the same. Like my whole body is a walking internal bruise. I have it from head to toe and it just doesn't ever leave. I'm sorry you're suffering so much. I truly pray your pain eases soon.

Hello,

Now that I'm almost 3 months off, one of the main symptom that I still have is the muscular pain all over my body...and it's located mostly in my lower back, my shoulders and my neck. Ouch, and it hurts a lot!

That brings a lot of fatigue!!

Yeah, it’s a real bitch. I have brutal pulling muscle spasms that cause it. I actually have bruising in my lower back from them, but it happens all over my body. Even my face and scalp.

• 2 weeks later...

Ajusta,

I have exactly what you described.

I have other types pain too allover my body head to toe mainly on the back of entire me, pins and needles, burning pain, sharp electric pain, deep muscle and nerve pain.

yes pain everywhere where / when i never had pain before hitting withdrawal and stopped taking clonazepam

it is like my entire nervous system is on fire

Has anyone had excruciating pain everywhere in their body constantly that comes and goes? I have pain in my shoulders, spine, lower back, hips, my cheek bones and jaw, behind my eyes, sides of my face and neck, my head hurts... I Mean so many places and it feels so deep and so painful, I keep believing I must be dying of something. Cancer or some kind of horrible disease. I can't function. I'm scared and hurting so much. I don't want to smile or interact, I don't want to do anything but cry and sleep because of the fear and pain. Could someone maybe chime in and please send some reassurance my way because I'm truly at my wits end and I'm starting to believe this isn't withdrawal anymore. I'm nine months out and this pain is worse than it has ever been.

Anyone had pins and needles  pain immediately after taking dose?

When i have this type of pain before dosing, dosing helps with the pain, but when I don't have pain before dosing, taking dose ramps up it.

Ajusta,

I have exactly what you described.

I have other types pain too allover my body head to toe mainly on the back of entire me, pins and needles, burning pain, sharp electric pain, deep muscle and nerve pain.

I’m sorry!

Do you have incredible rock like tightness through whole back, buttocks, hips, neck, shoulders, jaw? Mine is constant. Lying on sofa feels like a I am lying on lumpy concrete and have a tree growing up through my back pulling it in every different direction at once. Even abs are too tight.

So tight in glutes it hurts to try to sit on sofafor a few minutes.

Neck so might feels head is being pulled down and back. Hard to hold up.

I have horrible heat all along spine and around ribs and hips - anywhere muscle is tight. Feel if I didn’t have weird numbness it would be intense burning.

You said it all ajusta!

I have all those extreme tightness and rigid feeling all over every part of me!

As I had a back injury I was very confused if that was caused by that or the WD, I had those feelings before Valium but only on head, neck but never had it the entire body especially along the spine and lower back inclidding hips, buttock and legs.

Most days, not all though it loosens up a bit afterwards  my single Valium dose in evening for like 1 or 2 hours. Sometimes Valium makes it worse just like it did to other sxs, Very confused.

Whenever I pull my back, my spine and lower back got so locked which Valium doesn’t touch.