Quiting Xanax after being on it for 30 days for sleep.

[Al...]

Hi everyone,

I got really bad tinnitus at the beginning of January and the doc gave me some Xanax for sleep. I took anywhere from .5 to .75mg per night for a bit over a month. It’s only been three days since I quite.

I started getting these weird vibration like feelings in different parts of my body that would set in only at night and mornings, as I woke up. These started about 2 weeks ago and seemed to come after the effects of Xanax for the night wore off.

I also got this weird tickeling/light burning type feeling on different parts of my body and recently both my legs.

I’m stopped cold turkey since I’ve only taken this for a month. I’m hoping this is a good idea.

Are these sensations normal? It’s kinda crazy making.

Thank you all in advance.

zDFSObb.png

Hello Alex1975!

We are very glad that you found us! Congratulations one being benzo free!

I am sorry to hear you are struggling with withdrawal symptoms from Xanax. Cold turkey is never advisable, but since you have been off benzo for two weeks you should not be in any danger. The other stuff should go away fairly quickly considering the time frame you were on benzo. Hang in there  :thumbsup:

I would also like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Find a method that will work for you. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful recovery. You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to remain benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Tutorials:

Thanks Bella, I really appreciate it. The articles are very helpful.

I actually quite 3 nights ago not two weeks. Sorry, I structured my paragraphs poorly ::)

Hopefully going cold turkey will be ok for me. I’m going to reach out to my doctor tomorrow and hopefully get a Referal to a doctor that might have an idea of what the best avenue for me would be.