How long does the Valium/Vodka/Water solution last? Builder?

[So...]

I made a solution a week ago of Liquid Valium using Vodka, Valium tablets and water.

How long does the solution stay good for? I made it last Sunday so it's been a week. I made a solution for 14 days. But now I am doing tablets and the liquid so hoping the solution will last me through.

Builder probably knows the answer.

Thanks!

I made a solution a week ago of Liquid Valium using Vodka, Valium tablets and water.

How long does the solution stay good for? I made it last Sunday so it's been a week. I made a solution for 14 days. But now I am doing tablets and the liquid so hoping the solution will last me through.

Builder probably knows the answer.

Thanks!

The valium is stable and non-perishable, the vodka is certainly non-perishable (you neverr heard of spoiled vodka, did you?  ;) ), and water basically has a shelf life of infinity.  Your solution will not lose potency or "spoil" for a very long time.  If left uncovered, the alcohol would slowly dissolve, but even that won't cause any problem.

But even a really clean kitchen is NOT sanitary, there is a possibility your solution can be subject to bacterial contamination (just like all of the other stuff in your kitchen).  But even if that happens, it just gets kinda icky, it does NOT lose potency or otherwise degrade.

One of the reasons I always recommend 10-14 day batches is as long as keep your equipement reasonably clean, 14 days should never be a problem.

And since alcohol is an antiseptic, using vodka even further protects your solution from contamination.

FWIW, the 4 Rx liquid benzos have  recommended shelf lives from 3 months to 3 years.

Thanks Builder - always to the rescue.

I think my kitchen is pretty clean and I only open the jar to dose so hope it's not getting icky and hoping this batch will last for 4 weeks to taper from...

I have seen people say 28 days. I have also seen Builder quote the shelf life of liquid valium. The truth is, it's an unknown. The liquid you made was not made in a lab and was not made with the exact ingredients or ratio of ingredients as the liquid valium.

So anything anyone can tell you here is a guess, or an educated guess based on anecdotal evidence. That said, if you keep it out of sunlight, and at room temp, I think 28 days is reasonable. Possibly even longer. I would make sure to agitate it before drawing up doses, as time goes on, to be on the safe side.

[0f...]
👍🏻 Good to know since even after unintentionally taking  2.5 times my dose of .375 mg for two days, (🙄🙄🙄 WHATEVER) won’t need to make a new batch until March 9th.

[0f...]
Good to know because I'll be as sanitary as possible. I have a limited supply of Klonopin and I REFUSE to toss any out, nor will I try to find a doctor to prescribe more which would probably be the case if I tossed any of my liquid. My former psychiatrist lost his license for prescribing issues and many primary care docs won't prescribe any controlled substances to protect themselves from litigation I suppose.  At any rate, I'll never see a psychiatrist again. EVER.

Bacterial growth from the sugars (most pills use anhydrous lactose as their primary inactive ingredient) is what is most concerning about these solutions over time, however, studies have shown that PG solutions of at least 20% significantly inhibit bacterial growth and alcohol is well known for antibacterial and antifungal action anyway.

https://dowac.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5207

Realistically, the risk should be minimal if you’re sealing the jar and practicing smart usage of your syringes (like squirting them into your mouth or a separate glass for dosing and tossing them when they come into contact with a bodily surface) but especially with diazepam solutions which tend to have a decent amount of PG (mine is 20%), it shouldn’t be a concern at all.