Zero Ambien Last Night: Taper is DONE

[Fi...]

I am only posting this because I thought some of you who are trying to get off Ambien could use a boost of happy. I did taper it, but it was complicated with the CT of Ativan (not a voluntary one, btw). I started tapering from 10 in November and sloooooowly went down, with all the agonizing insomnia trying to lure me back up to my usual dose.

Last night, I slept maybe 4-7 hours. I don't keep track anymore. I feel rested, and I feel optimistic. Also, that panicky, first waking up feeling I got with Ambien is gone! It has been slowly decreasing as I decreased the dosage, but now I can see it was connected to taking it. You might know it as a cortisol spike. Anyway, I'm taking all the pills today to my local pharmacist and asking that they properly dispose of them.

You will get there. Acceptance and patience... You WILL heal!  :smitten:

Fantastic accomplishment, F&S!  You are now set FREE!  :thumbsup:

Can't wait to meet you on the other side.  I wish you all the best life ahead has to offer.

Carpe diem.

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

Two hours of sleep last night.

It's wearing on me, and people here know what I mean. I am lucky that my hb goes in to school where I work, but I cannot think straight. Please, insomniacs, former Ambien users, anyone who has been here and out the other side, will it get better?

Yes, it WILL get better.  I had severe insomnia for about 9 months.  Lots of zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep and lots of 1 or 2 hour nights.

I was exactly where you are now.  It evens out over time and gets better.

You WILL heal!

I'm getting some kind of sleep. I think our bodies take time to get back to normal.

My doctor (not one who has prescribed me any of the meds) suggested sunlight as much as possible, melatonin (which has done nothing for me), and no phones or screens an hour before bed.

I did purchase a lux light, but it does not seem to help. Take care of yourself while you heal. We'll be better soon!  :smitten:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, bazil4uk! This website has been my support throughout this entire nightmare. I want to help others as much as I can and give them hope. I remember how awful I felt, not that long ago, and I want to be a beacon of light for other benzobuddies.

God bless!

FS