Do I reinstate?

[Fo...]

Hello,

I took klonopin.5 3x a day (sometimes 1x or 2x depending how my ocd was) for like 4 weeks with not taking anything for 5 days in between those 4 weeks because I broke my arm. The last few days on it I took .5 1x and then .25 for three days and then off. It’s been almost 4 weeks since my last dose I still have withdrawal effects just headaches, pressure, depression and dizziness. Do I reinstate? And then taper or should I just go on? I don’t think my side effects are as brutal as some long term users who c/t but it definitely gets in the way of my normal day to day.

Hello,

I took klonopin.5 3x a day (sometimes 1x or 2x depending how my ocd was) for like 4 weeks with not taking anything for 5 days in between those 4 weeks because I broke my arm. The last few days on it I took .5 1x and then .25 for three days and then off. It’s been almost 4 weeks since my last dose I still have withdrawal effects just headaches, pressure, depression and dizziness. Do I reinstate? And then taper or should I just go on? I don’t think my side effects are as brutal as some long term users who c/t but it definitely gets in the way of my normal day to day.

Honestly, just the sound of your post, I would say no, don't reinstate.  You sound like you can do this and unless you get worse, imo, I believe you can.  You seem pretty calm as you write and most people that need to reinstate are very anxious and scared.  You don't come across that way at all  :).  Good luck whatever you decide.  🍀 Mary

I’d second Mary5588 on that as well. From what you’ve described it seems like your on ur way to healing already. I honestly think that reinstatement could prolong this process (just an opinion). Yes, it might get rid of the symptoms u r experiencing now but there’s no telling if you would end up dealing with them for a longer period of time. I’ve read multiple posts about buddies that had reinstated & wished they hadn’t after. With that said, everyone is unique in their healing process & some had already been experiencing tolerance withdrawal & needed to stabilize. There just seems to be a lot of variables when it comes to the medication that are nearly impossible to pinpoint or predict. Now in no way am I down playing ur symptoms or the severity of them in anyway but, from how you’ve explained them I think it would be beneficial in the long run to just push through. I kindled for well over a year & it amazed me how much worse I got after every time I stopped. Hope this is helpful and wish u the best of luck during ur journey

I agree. No one knows if kindling does exist or not but it is not worth the risk. I NEVER suggest reinstating. Just get on with it, learn some ways to deal with symptoms and in time you will heal.

Never give up to these drugs. They will end up owning you.

east

I would not reinstate.  You never know how much worse things could get by doing that.  Some had very successful tapers and some had horrible WD even after tapering.  It's a crap shoot and guessing game at best.  Since you are off, I would stay off and ride it out.  It slowly gets better.

i will say absolutely not.  The symptom list you have may get way longer and a hell of a lot worse.  I believe you would not be better off if this is the reaction you had after short term use. 

I would NOT advise anyone to try some supplement. You have no way of knowing their medical history. And nothing had been proved about the various forms of magnesia. Some supplements may even hurt you so don't go there at all. Just heal naturally and do not reinstate. You WILL heal. It just takes time.

east

[b4...]

I agree. No one knows if kindling does exist or not but it is not worth the risk. I NEVER suggest reinstating. Just get on with it, learn some ways to deal with symptoms and in time you will heal.

Never give up to these drugs. They will end up owning you.

east

Boom. Yes, Annie!