Antibiotics and withdrawal

[oc...]

After having grinding my teeth and cracking a tooth I had to have a tooth extracted. I am now on antibiotics. I started taking clindamycin and I started having some side effects from it, i was having some pain while swallowing. I was then switched to z-pac and now I think i am having some side effects from it.

Is it possible to have more side effects from antibiotics because we are going thru withdrawal or because our bodies are weak. Its been years but I have taken antibiotics before and never have had side effects like this before.

If anyone has any insight i would appreciate it. Thanks.

[c4...]
Most ABs are neurotoxic especially to people who have a compromised nervous system like BWD, many act on gaba receptors in the same way as benzos especially penicillins , interestingly Clindamycin does not appear to be one of them. Unfortunately we don't know how long our cns will remain compromised after bwd, I have read posts from people 5 years out who have felt fully healed but were thrown back into acute for months after taking an AB. Others are lucky and don't have any problems, our genetics may also play a part in how we react.

I am unable to take any antibiotics after I stopped Klonopin.

But I was also floxed, so not sure if that adds to my antibiotic intolerance.

The closest thing I was able to somewhat tolerate was Olive Leaf.

There is a fluoroquinolone type of antibiotics (Cipro, levaquin) that damages your mitochondria and GABA receptors and might result in symptoms similar to benzo withdrawal+tendon rupture, etc. Taking antibiotics and then getting severely ill is called getting floxed.

z pak did me in and that is azithromycin.

So if you are totally dying and can't take a mycin (is clinamycin different?)  or penicillin, what antbx are left??

[c4...]
I think if you need an AB  to save your life then you take it and suck up the effects but  most ABs are given as a precaution or for things that will eventually get better by themselves. A severe infection can also cause a horrible setback, if you have got through acute then you'll get through an AB setback, awful as it may be - or not, many people take ABs with no problem. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them.