3rd week of c/o from ativan to valium struggles

[jo...]

Today is the 2nd day of my third week of trying to cross over from 1.75mg ativan to valium per directions from the Ashton Manual.  For those new to me, I was taking .5mg ativan morning, 75mg ativan afternoon and .5mg ativan at night (Total 1.75mg ativan). The first two weeks went fairly smooth with splitting the morning and night dose, .25mg ativan and 2.5mg valium.

Yesterday started the 3rd week of the c/o with the afternoon dose.  Since my original afternoon dose was .75mg ativan, I have tried going slow and taking .5mg ativan with 2.5mg valium in the afternoon.  NOT GOOD!!

Terrible anxiety and headaches since splitting the afternoon dose.  I can't believe the first two weeks went OK, but just substituting .25mg ativan in the afternoon has caused these problems.  I am having problems trying to write this post.  Is this normal? I still have a whole mg of ativan to sub with valium over the next three weeks.  If that will be worse than the last two days, I can't do it.

If my body can not handle the valium, I would think it would it would have happened in the first two weeks. I know it take a while for valium to build up in one's system, but how long?  Seriously considering going back to ativan even though I know it will be harder to taper.  Has anyone out there had this same problem or does anyone please have any suggestions or opinions. Getting desperate.  :'( :'(

I apologize if my previous post seems confusing, but my mind does not seem to be functioning well today.  Time is flying by this afternoon.  It seems like I am doing something for 10 to 15 minutes, but when I look at the clock it has been a hour and a half.  I have never had this symptom before.  And never in my life had any trouble with dementia. Starting to wonder if it is the valium being introduced into my system.

Thanks to all of you for listening to my fears today.  I have yet to start tapering and already feeling strange new sensations.

I woke up this morning feeling a little better after taking my morning split dose.  I don't understand why no one is replying to my post.  I am new to this forum, so am I doing something wrong? I read other post that have several replies. I am starting to think I am wasting my time here.  I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, but I joined this group for help with a crossover and taper. At first I got responses from a few very understanding people, but now it seems like no one is listening. I am not looking for a pitty party, just a little help with suggestions.

I woke up this morning feeling a little better after taking my morning split dose.  I don't understand why no one is replying to my post.  I am new to this forum, so am I doing something wrong? I read other post that have several replies. I am starting to think I am wasting my time here.  I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, but I joined this group for help with a crossover and taper. At first I got responses from a few very understanding people, but now it seems like no one is listening. I am not looking for a pitty party, just a little help with suggestions.

Same here! Nó help! Sooo stuck!

Hello jojodancer,

I'm sorry transitioning from A to V isn't going smoothly & that your posts are going unanswered.  Both issues have happened to me in the past, so you're in good company.  :)

In my limited tapering experience of less than 7 weeks, I initially tried to transition to V.  It's not captured in my signature, because it was just 2 days and then I tossed that plan because it wasn't working and I didn't have the luxury of time or incapacitation to endure it further.  I have to work.  V made me a complete idiot zombie.  No bueno. 

So, I regrouped and decided to stick with A or lorazepam, the devil I know.  Ashton does admit that not all people can adequately transition to V.  You've given V a lot of time to work for you, whereas I did not.  It's up to you how much more time you invest with V.

My understanding is the primary reasons for transitioning to V is the longer duration of action than A.  However, that challenge may be overcome by further splitting daily doses of A up and liquid microtapering.  Your doctor can prescribe liquid A and/or many helpful BB members will help you learn how to make your own with A tablets (builder, wavesontheshore, Bella Amis...).

As you can see from my signature, I'm doing exactly this and it's been working for me.  It may work for you too. 

One of my life rules is "fail fast" - which to some may seem like giving up.  Rather, it means if something isn't working, do not further invest your time & energy into it.  Keep what's working, integrate something new and dump the rest. Wash, rinse, repeat.  Only you can be the judge.

I wish you speedy healing.

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

Thanks for the reply Sierra.  It is very much appreciated.  :)

I agree with you totally about if something doesn't work, "fail fast" and move on.  Today is the 3rd day of my third week of transition from A to V.  What a difference a day makes.  Yesterday when I posted I felt like death, today taking the same doses of each A & V as yesterday, I feel perfectly normal.  I don't understand, but I guess benzos don't like to be understood, they just like to be in control of your life.

If today would have been like yesterday, I would have totally given up on the Valium.  But since I feel normal today, I'm just more confused.  I think since I am about half way through the crossover, I will try the V again tomorrow and see what happens.

I am planning on doing a liquid micro taper once I stabilize.  I just have to figure out which I am going to stabilize on, the A or V.  Thanks again for replying to my post.  That in itself has made feel much better.  Sometimes just a kind understanding suggestion is often overlooked by others.  I will keep you posted how the c/o goes and if I decide to switch totally back to A.

Hello jojodancer,

Fantastic news!  So happy your V crossover is settling down. We gladly accept whatever mercy the cruel benzos bequeath us with.  :) 

I couldn't agree with you more - the benzos don't care if you understand their dastardly patterns.  They most preferably like that you don't.  And so we go on the wild ride down the rabbit hole. 

Acceptance is key, while we keep moving forward with our eye firmly on the prize.  'The benzos last stand' is on center stage and they're going to throw their arsenal at us, unhappy with the eviction notice we've served them. 

Please keep me posted on your progress.  You will beat them.  I am rooting for you! 

xo,

sierra  :smitten:

Hello PinkGlitter,

If you don't mind my asking, what troubles and issues are you having with your taper?

I may not have the answers you are looking for, but I am glad to listen and share what I do know.

Hello PinkGlitter,

If you don't mind my asking, what troubles and issues are you having with your taper?

I may not have the answers you are looking for, but I am glad to listen and share what I do know.

want to but too ill can yóu read my posts and comments it's all in there

[dc...]

Hello PinkGlitter,

want to but too ill can yóu read my posts and comments it's all in there

PinkGlitter, you have been warned repeatedly to stop spamming the BenzoBuddies forum by posting in threads and then ignoring or being rude to those who try to help you.

If you didn’t want to have a discussion here then fine, but you do not get to be dismissive and then direct folks to go somewhere else to look at your prior posts.

This is your last warning – the next step for you is Post Moderation.