Author Topic: Canít shower/canít handle anything anyone have this?  (Read 1146 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Canít shower/canít handle anything anyone have this?
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 04:13:03 pm »
couldn't bear it at all last year , it just was too uncomfortable
Now enjoying baths and almost at the end of my taper but not enjoying them everyday
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 05:10:14 am »
2 pieces to this:

1) Your nerves are hyper sensitive creating the physical pain your having. This will go away in time as that part of your brain restores balance to Glutamate and Gaba.. I had these same sensation in my entire body all the time. The bottom 1/2 of my body stopped like turning off a switch. Upper back and neck continue but 1/2 my body is free! Your's will go away too.

2) (the one you have control over and will help #1) If your not already, you must teach your brain that this isn't something you should kick into "flight" over. Each time it happens, you need to relate the pain back to the route cause. Withdraw. Once your brain knows this isn't a real problem, it will store these thoughts differently and eventually won't even alert you to them anymore. Desensitize-  Stand in the shower without the water on and walk yourself through this. Then shower for seconds doing the same. Our brains attach meaning, you must change that meaning. Mine was the TV, the bedroom, music, people, etc. It's all the same.

You will get better, hang in there....

Absolutely great advice.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 04:36:47 pm »
I had also experienced it. Chest pain and heart palpitations while taking a shower. But it went away fortunately.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 05:09:29 pm »
Yeah tcbull thats good stuff.
ive recently more than ever identified that man, though i definitely am super sensitive, i tend to naturally get hyper about alot of stuff, i mean before all this, to certain degrees, i raise my adrenaline naturally for even small things, and i notice even chill conversations with people lift me up very easily. i cant do too much about certain things with the heightened flight or fight, but im trying to chill out my responses to certain life events, all the little ones.

the shower my adrenaline lifts up just washing myself off in a hurry or whatever, i get in a little panic mode almost, just naturally, regardless of the benzo. now i try to keep my breath even keeled. now i recognize that hey, this is me actually getting myself a bot mor worked up over something than i should be. i realizemore than ever ive been like that my whole life.

we naturally anxious people really have to work on our responses to every life event.

also trying to respond TO the response itself if that makes sense, try to recognize when we are overly hyper and not let that in itself take us too far. that might not make sense lol, but anyway its where my thinking is at.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 05:11:03 pm »
I lowered my taper to 5% .......so now I can shower.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 10:28:49 am »
Most of the time, I'm just too tired to shower or don't feel like it. I mean like I really don't feel like it, so maybe it can be possible to confuse these feelings with benzo withdrawal since every thing feels mixed up in our heads. It is very difficult to shower much while on benzos because you are constantly turned upside down and exhausted and full of anxiety about everything which may feel like you are afraid of the water but there is more to it I'm thinking.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 11:25:11 pm »
2 pieces to this:

1) Your nerves are hyper sensitive creating the physical pain your having. This will go away in time as that part of your brain restores balance to Glutamate and Gaba.. I had these same sensation in my entire body all the time. The bottom 1/2 of my body stopped like turning off a switch. Upper back and neck continue but 1/2 my body is free! Your's will go away too.

2) (the one you have control over and will help #1) If your not already, you must teach your brain that this isn't something you should kick into "flight" over. Each time it happens, you need to relate the pain back to the route cause. Withdraw. Once your brain knows this isn't a real problem, it will store these thoughts differently and eventually won't even alert you to them anymore. Desensitize-  Stand in the shower without the water on and walk yourself through this. Then shower for seconds doing the same. Our brains attach meaning, you must change that meaning. Mine was the TV, the bedroom, music, people, etc. It's all the same.

You will get better, hang in there....

I [...] a lot of people read this, it's such a great idea for all those having issue with showers and there are quite a few :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 11:56:45 pm »

Same problem with showers, so only take showers 2x weekly.  I start to feel real hyper, and later break out with severe itching and small hives.  My naturalpath said that sounds like chlorine allergy has developed with withdrawal somehow.  So she suggested a chlorine filter for the shower head.  Haven't done it yet, but I plan on it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 06:17:14 pm »
Totally understand.  I put it off when I am afraid I'll pass out in the tub.  Same with the bathing that I enjoy.  When I feel like I'm going to pass out......I just french bathe till I am strong enough to stand in the shower or sit in a bathtub.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 09:01:25 pm »
I hate taking a shower!  Between the DR and skin numbness, I can't get it over fast enough! And with the DP I don't recognize my own body. Anxiety grows big about the whole experience... Developing lots of tolerance about this and not stressing about not being as clean as I used to be -- just wash up in the sink as best I can.

Stay strong.