Author Topic: Canít shower/canít handle anything anyone have this?  (Read 1143 times)

[Buddie]

Canít shower/canít handle anything anyone have this?
« on: February 16, 2019, 07:32:33 pm »
Ok ever since Iíve been in my setback I cannot showed causs I canít handle it,it causes major anxiety.
Any type of stimulation I cannot handle,does anyone else have it this bad? Like in my chest and itís like I canít handle the adrenaline,even trying to do very light lifting my body canít handle it,I want to know how many people have had it or have it? Thank you
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Canít shower/canít handle anything anyone have this?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 02:09:57 am »
I've dealt with it/deal with it. It's been horrific. Extremely destabilized nervous system.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 03:37:52 am »
Itís really common for people in the throes of benzo withdrawal to have a really difficult time, sometimes even impossible to shower.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 07:37:55 am »
i also have this  the shower is a battle for me every time but i keep doing it at least ever 2 to 3 days   i do not do much beside eat and lay in bed 90 percent of day and sleep when im not watching movies or tv on my laptop

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 05:54:30 pm »
Yes, i suffer from severe heat intolerance ever since starting benzo's. 3 years off clonazepam and i still can't handle a hot shower or warm weather in general.
Heat triggers my orthostatic intolerance / POTS. My veins swell up like crazy and hurt, then my heart rate goes up, i feel dizzy and sick. The only think that then helps is to lay down in bed for the rest of the day with the airconditioning at the lowest setting.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 06:00:42 pm »
I manage a bath about ever three weeks atm because the look and sound of the water terrifies me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 06:31:54 am »
Well I was healed for years and it all went away,so Iím guessing it will all go away once again.
Itís really hard to accept not being able to shower,quite scary to...this type of sensitivity is unbelievable.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 07:32:33 am »
Early in my taper I could not handle the water from shower hitting my skin.  Felt like needles.  It went away. 

Recently at drop to 1mg it happened again but was short lived. 

Don't know what it is about water but also (early in taper) felt rain was hitting my skin when there was no rain.  That was pretty short lived too. 

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 02:48:43 pm »
Im still prone to being super sensitive to everything, and its horrific, its an impossible feeling to explain to those who've never gone through this, too.
ive had a few weeks where it diminished a bit recently, and it was the relief of my life, but some exercise when i was tired totally blasted me back into super sensitive mode and its just awful. im so tired of this, its cruel to have to live like this. EVERYTHING sets me off, that panic, flight or fight feeling, yet totally exhausted.
im at work right now and im freakin dyin here, ugh....
im supposed to have a meeting in an hour and im like ughhh, i can barely stand being on the computer at my desk, let alone get up and go into a room with a few people.
the torture goes on and on.....

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 03:20:33 pm »
2 pieces to this:

1) Your nerves are hyper sensitive creating the physical pain your having. This will go away in time as that part of your brain restores balance to Glutamate and Gaba.. I had these same sensation in my entire body all the time. The bottom 1/2 of my body stopped like turning off a switch. Upper back and neck continue but 1/2 my body is free! Your's will go away too.

2) (the one you have control over and will help #1) If your not already, you must teach your brain that this isn't something you should kick into "flight" over. Each time it happens, you need to relate the pain back to the route cause. Withdraw. Once your brain knows this isn't a real problem, it will store these thoughts differently and eventually won't even alert you to them anymore. Desensitize-  Stand in the shower without the water on and walk yourself through this. Then shower for seconds doing the same. Our brains attach meaning, you must change that meaning. Mine was the TV, the bedroom, music, people, etc. It's all the same.

You will get better, hang in there....