xanax .25 liquid taper plan please

[Ha...]

Hey! Long time lurker, first time poster here (:

Currently in my taper I am at .125 2x a day and am interested in doing a liquid taper as I dont feel comfortable jumping due to a very horrible c/t attempt months ago but unsure of a schedule or even how to dissolve the pills once I've shaved them down to the right weight. If someone could help me with a schedule that won't leave me in the fetal position on the floor I would forever be grateful because I have two children and I need to be able to be present and feel at least decent. For insight, I have about 15 .5mg pills left and my doctor is very understanding of my taper and allowing me to go at a speed that will work for me but I have set a goal for myself to not require a refill and I really hope I can do it. thanks in advance!

Hey! Long time lurker, first time poster here (:

Currently in my taper I am at .125 2x a day and am interested in doing a liquid taper as I dont feel comfortable jumping due to a very horrible c/t attempt months ago but unsure of a schedule or even how to dissolve the pills once I've shaved them down to the right weight. If someone could help me with a schedule that won't leave me in the fetal position on the floor I would forever be grateful because I have two children and I need to be able to be present and feel at least decent. For insight, I have about 15 .5mg pills left and my doctor is very understanding of my taper and allowing me to go at a speed that will work for me but I have set a goal for myself to not require a refill and I really hope I can do it. thanks in advance!

Since you have a very understanding doc for a scrip for Rx liquid Xanax (Alprazolam Intensol).  This is an Rx xanax solution that comes 1mg per ml, and is formulated to be diluted.  If you dilute it 9:1 with water, you then have a .1mg per ml solution.  This will allow you to make tiny reductions over time.  This is absolutely the easiest way to discontinue a benzo.

And if you doc for some reason doesn't want to, you can easily create your own liquid X by dissolving your tablets in PG and then diluting.

Thank you for the response! What is PG if you dont mind me asking in case he doesn't want to go the liquid route? Kinda new to all the titration terms on this forum lol.

Thank you for the response! What is PG if you dont mind me asking in case he doesn't want to go the liquid route? Kinda new to all the titration terms on this forum lol.

Propylene glycol.  Its the same solvent that the Rx liquid uses.