How long after an updose should I feel a difference?

[Mo...]

Happy Saturday people,

So I made the decision to updose to 1.25mg so I can stabilize and prepare for a taper at a later date when things are stable in my life.

I up-dosed last night but don’t feel significantly better so far today.  Any idea when I should feel something?

Dosing: 6am: .25mg

11am: .25mg

4pm: .25mg

9pm: .50mg

Thank you all!

MP

If you're on K, it will probably take 3-5 days.

Thanks Builder, I’m on Ativan so I suspect much quicker?

I'm not sure there is an answer , it depends on all your variables, everyone is different  :). Quickly, I hope 🍀Mary

It's not just about adjusting to the higher dose, it is also recovery following all the changes you have been through recently. It could take weeks, or a month. There is no way to know. Just be kind and gentle with yourself, and be patient. It WILL come.

Thank you for your kind words of wisdom Waves.  I’m feeling better already but I know I have a ways to go.  My main focus is on me and getting back to normalcy and contributing to life.  Working is something I really miss and it’s my priority.  My husband has assured me that he will be with me through it all which is a huge relief and comfort.

I see how far you’ve come and you inspire me to do the same.  Everyone here is just awesome, you included and you all have huge hearts.

Big healing hug from me to you!  ♥️

Thank you for your kind words of wisdom Waves.  I’m feeling better already but I know I have a ways to go.  My main focus is on me and getting back to normalcy and contributing to life.  Working is something I really miss and it’s my priority.  My husband has assured me that he will be with me through it all which is a huge relief and comfort.

I see how far you’ve come and you inspire me to do the same.  Everyone here is just awesome, you included and you all have huge hearts.

Big healing hug from me to you!  ♥️

Thanks, Monkey! The same right back atcha! So glad you have the support of a spouse through this. Just noticed that your monkey is wearing reading glasses! Love it! (I do all this one my phone so miss the details sometimes.)

Hope everything gets better and better Monkey

And have to agree: Waves is AWESOME!!!!!

And Builder is my guru on this board.

And thanks, Pete! You're awesome, too!

A huge thank you to all of you for taking time to give me your advice/ experiences!  I hope I can repay the favour one day as y’all are pretty darned nice to me.

Today was really different, woke up feeling pretty good, anxiety at a minimum and as the day went on I got de realization and it’s still with me.  I’ve accepted it as much as I can and it’s not terrible, just very weird.  I went to the library for about an hour, did some errands and then went with hubby to moms place and played a game of scrabble.  I almost won!  All while feeling on another planet but again, I just accepted it and any unwelcome suggestion I brushed off pretty easily.  I have had some memory issues but again, I’ve accepted as much as I can and not getting too freaked out about it.

Is this my brain getting used to the updose?  Any thoughts or experience with this?

Monkey - s0 glad you got out and played Scrabble (good brain exercise) and that you are getting through this - this is a very good sign. You are doing better than you think and are healing. SO smart of you to do stuff when feeling not your best. Whenever I feel wave-y, I go for a long walk outside, grocery shop - do something to get out of my head.

You will do great Monkey - you have a great attitude!

Monkey - s0 glad you got out and played Scrabble (good brain exercise) and that you are getting through this - this is a very good sign. You are doing better than you think and are healing. SO smart of you to do stuff when feeling not your best. Whenever I feel wave-y, I go for a long walk outside, grocery shop - do something to get out of my head.

You will do great Monkey - you have a great attitude!

Yes! What Pete said.

And also, yes!! I DO think it's a sign of healing. The dr feeling was my last symptom to appear and then recede when I was recovering from acute. I think of it as a sort of "exhaustion of perception" after the crazy stimulation of withdrawal.

And yes!!! You are doing so good! Able to brush off unhelpful suggestions! That's huge! That's like a 50-point scrabble word! Congrats!

You've got this...acceptance is the key!

*little heart emojis that I don't know how to make*

Awesome, thank you Waves. 

I’m in a bit of a funk right now, and posted about it.  It’s like I went right back to withdrawal symptoms again...can an updose do this?  I was hoping to feel better not worse. 

Thank you for the intended heart emojis - I just inserted from my iPad keyboard but above the text box when typing you can hit on those emojis and it will be inserted into your message.

Huge hugs,

MP