Waves of good days and waves of bad anyone have a taper like this .

[te...]

I am micro tapering and feeling tiny cuts every time .

Why are some days or even a string of days good then back to bad . Is this the way the whole taper will be

Does anyone have this kind of taper ?

Hi Tech! See if you have any food sensitivities. I was getting unexplainable waives and realized it was garlic. I love garlic. But since I stopped eating it I don’t get waves like that anymore. I have a theory that what some people think are waves from tapering is actually a food sensitivity. I need to check in on everyone on the WLAHL thread... Hope you are doing ok.

Hi Tech! See if you have any food sensitivities. I was getting unexplainable waives and realized it was garlic. I love garlic. But since I stopped eating it I don’t get waves like that anymore. I have a theory that what some people think are waves from tapering is actually a food sensitivity. I need to check in on everyone on the WLAHL thread... Hope you are doing ok.

This is very good advice for everyone. There is glutamate hiding almost everywhere in the grocery store. Every time I eat some on accident, I am symptomatic for a few days. Definitely something to look out for. Google "other names for msg" and refer to the list while reading ingredients on the nutrition labels. They can literally call it "spice" or "natural flavors" at this point, so it can be hard to avoid if you eat any processed foods at all. :/

Agree - eat as clean and healthy as possible Tech21 - I had a small bowl of ice cream one night and got thrown into a panic attack. Our CNS are fragile and need to be fed good brain food - veggies, protein. Avocados are one thing that will make you feel great. and of course no sugar, booze or caffeine is key.

Hope you start having more windows and no waves!

My worst time is the morning which is the case for many on here - I wake up suddenly and too early and get chemical anxiety but then it mellows out as the hours go by. Nights are pretty much s/x free for me.

I think  eating clean and healthy is part of it (and drinking lots of water!) but there are many foods that are healthy that can cause waves. Garlic is a healthy food but I saw the correlation and was able to stop eating it. I read someone else gets waves from onions, another is garbanzo beans. Know what makes sense for you most of the time. For me, it seamed out of the ordinary to have a wave 2 weeks after a cut so I had to look at potential other causes.

Tech- I usually get various sx immediately after I cut and they get progressively worse over a day or two, then get better and better. I don’t usually have any intense sx/waves in between cuts unless I eat something wrong for me including sugar, that seems to exacerbate sx. I always have some symptoms but usually manageable between cuts. Hope this helps.

Mountaintop

That is exactly what I mean , after a small cut about 2 days later symptoms manageable but symptoms and then about 3 to 4 days later better to just do it again . Thanks so much for your reply

Lisa

Hi Tech

I experienced this exact sequence if I’m cutting.  2 days after a cut I get hit with a wave day or maybe 2.  Then it clears and I get window days until another cut.  I’ve read that doing a longer hold for maybe a month or 2 at one dose may help give you more stability so you can do small cuts with minimal to no symptoms.  I’m currently trying that and holding for about 6 weeks.  After about 2 weeks right now holding I’m starting to feel really good.  After the hold I’ll try a really slow taper and see

Good luck!

Yes I think it’s normal to have symptoms right after a cut, that’s our body healing. I’ve just come to expect them. Aside from fatigue and anxiety im starting to feel pretty good but that’s becsuse I’m in a pretty long hold. Once I cut again I’m sure I’ll have symptoms. The nature of the process I guess. Depending on how low of our dose and our sensitivity I’m sure that affects how our body reacts. We are healing.

Tech 1, I am tapering at same rate and feel it as well.  Saw you had to switch brand, as many are having to do with generic K. How did that go?

Thanks sunflower 67

I have been micro tapering daily and I now wait 3 days at the same cut and then continue with another tiny cut and I still get symptoms off and on 2 days on and 3 days off . If i stay at the same cut for 2 weeks i feel better , but if I did that it would take me so long to get off this .

lisa

Some days are really good, and I start planning trips and house remodeling, etc., then the next day everything changes and I’m even thinking that I’ll never be able to live without anxiety medication. This is how it goes, but knowing myself, I know I’ll never take another benzo, but it’s tough, specially at age 69, I never even thought about my age until this ordeal began.

Stay strong.

Strength to all of you , everyone here is dear to me . Sunflower the generic switch was ok but I had to remember it was a different weight could have been a real mess . But it did take 2 weeks and a hold to compinsate . It seems a lot of us are in our older years and it’s sad to think we took this medication and believed in our doctors . Oh well all we can do is continue the fight .

Lisa

I have interdose sxs every day, some difficult, some manageable, but I keep telling myself my brain is healing.  Yes, even at 70, I have high hopes this will be behind me one of these days.  Hang in there!  :angel:

CAGirl,

I have to Star repeating that my brain is healing, like you do.

Thanks for your post.

We have to do what's best to conquer this dependence and positive thinking and distractions definitely work and for me, I also talk to God all the time.  That's not to say I don't get overwhelmed knowing this is going to go on for a long time but after 20 years of the junk and not feeling well, what's another year or two, right? 

We got this, you guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I turned 69 last December, st my age our bodies take longer to recuperate, that scares me, but there is no other road than the road to recovery for me, but reading your posts has helped me tremendously.

Best.

I turned 69 last December, st my age our bodies take longer to recuperate, that scares me, but there is no other road than the road to recovery for me, but reading your posts has helped me tremendously.

Best.

My age kind of scares me, too, but I did read a post where a woman did really well at our age.  No matter what, you said it ... "There is no other road to recovery."  I just retired this past June and without a doubt, I know way could have done this while still working.  All the best to you ...