Anyone have any success from any antidepressants for anxiety?

[vr...]

So most of my symptoms are gone... insomnia, tinnitus, sweating, muscle spasms, depersonalization, stomach pain, etc etc have all disappeared over the past 95 days.  I'll get some head and eye pressure still, but that only seems to last the rest of the day that I decide to workout. When I wake up in the morning its usually gone. Also i'm very groggy each morning, but i've learned to cope with it. The one symptom I can't seem to get rid of is my anxiety. I push through it, but at different times of the day it hits me in waves. I've been talking to a therapist about all the different ways to cope with it, but no matter how much I try to distract myself, its always present. And there doesn't seem to be a reason why I am anxious, I just am.

So my question is, those of you that have tried different antidepressants to deal with the ever looming anxious state, how is that working out for you? My mom (who is a nurse) keeps recommending that its something that I should try and talk to my therapist about, but I'm just not so sure. I just don't want to feel like this anymore.

I have been off clonazapam 0.5 milligram for about 21 days. I did notice the anxiety came back a bit in withdrawal. I am still on an antidepressant paroxetine (15 mg). It seems to help with the anxiety. I'm not sure how it compares with other antidepressants in terms of anxiety reduction but it does help. I do plan on getting off the paroxetine in a few months after some healing time.

The biggest help for anxiety that I have found this year is drinking 16 oz straight celery juice in the morning. It totally wipes out the anxiety. So glad I found it. "celery juice mineral salts are such an important support for the central nervous system means they are extremely healing for people who are struggling with depression, anxiety, brain fog, confusion, memory loss". Also really good for insomnia and sleep - "Celery can really enhance the ability of supplemental GABA, glycine, and magnesium L-threonate to be absorbed by the brain and aid in neurotransmitter performance for sleep support. The electrolytes in celery hydrate on a deep cellular level, lessening your chances of suffering from migraines, anxiety, panic attacks, and more. Celery also stabilizes and supports the adrenal glands, offers stress assistance. s -(www.celeryjuice.com) Celery juice 101.

I would recommend this as a natural way to take care of the anxiety. If you try it for 4-6 days you'll definitely notice the difference.

Everyone's experience is different, of course, but ADs have made my anxiety AND depression much, much worse.

I get what you mean gardenlady. I've been on Mirtazipine for 3 years and the only symptom it's helped me with is sleep. It's done nothing for my depression or anxiety. I think taking antidepressants give you time to partly process events but at some stage you need to actually deal with it. That's where I am now. I'd love to be off ADs but it's going to be a while yet.

The celery smoothie/juices sound good too.

The only thing with Zoloft and other ADs is that you have to go through weeks of anxiety initially, so that it starts working. I couldn't handle the jitteriness after 2 days. 

The only thing with Zoloft and other ADs is that you have to go through weeks of anxiety initially, so that it starts working. I couldn't handle the jitteriness after 2 days.

Why I was Rxd a benzodiazepine in the first place.  Rxd an antidepressant for trauma and grief which made me so horribly anxious.  I was Rxd them together as the doctor knew of the antidepressant's reputation for such.  The antidepressant did not help nor did other antidepressants tried after and it goes without saying what benzodiazepines Rxd for eight months did for me.

I'm so sorry, RxDamaged!  :'(

I'm so sorry for all your suffering too, Terry.  :'(  And so sorry for all the needless suffering on this forum.

• 1 month later...

Antidepressants, never worked for me. I always wanted them to so badly, but they just never did and of course they want you to keep trying different ones to find the right one for you. Nothing worked, but I don't want to anyone to stray from them from my experience I have heard good stories from other folks. Just not for me and I really wanted them to be the answer.

Thanks for your post,

Dave