morning depression

[rh...]

ever morning i struggle to get out of bed and face the day.  i am doing so much better and am back at work each day.  however, the depression in the morning sucks.  knowing that once i get out of bed i am going to be met with cog fog, chills, dry mouth etc.  While laying in bed these things don't seem to bother me.

how do you motivate yourselves to get up each day?

if i spend one minute thinking my mental world becomes a tornado of gloom and doom. so when you get up lock on to a task right away dont think about nothing just lock and load then move on to the next and when there is a spare moment dont reflect just think about what you have to do next it's the only way i can do a day well in my case a night.

Without a doubt, mornings are the most brutal. Billy's advise is right on the money.. Try having a routine set up where you don't have to think. Just get up, follow whatever routine you made out for yourself and focus on that! I find that if I don't follow my own advise and just stay in bed wondering how on earth I'm going to face another day.. the morning becomes that much worse! In my case, after breakfeast, taking my supps and taking a shower, I take my dog for a walk. Weekends are different story though... I get lazy, stay in bed and subsequently get stuck in my head. So a routine works for me. Just my 2 cents..

When it's time to get up I've almost always been at my worst my whole life.  Sometimes I sleep odd hours so it'snot necessarily morning, but whenever I wake up for the day...  which may or may not be morning.

I wish i knew what to do also.  The poster who suggested doing something immediately is probably right.  I wake up constantly thinking thinking thinking and it snowballs into me feeling like I'm nuts.  I guess I need more tasks also and I don't have a job so that means less to do.

thank you for the replies.  keeping busy sure does help once up and going.  i find the hardest thing just getting up.  while laying there my head feels clearer and i dont feel too anxious so it is just like i dont want to punish myself by getting up.  but i have to go to work.

i will say that with time i think it is getting better - but very slowely.

I used to make myself get out of bed and go for a run instead of lying there thinking about it.  The run cleared my head and the endorphins lifted my mood.  Just a thought.

thanks for all your feedback..i'm not working now, so i know this p :( :( :(lays a role in depression because you're not

as busy.. work takes you mind off of it all...well i think it would...could be wrong here..also it is difficult to have a relationship..well i've had troulble...in a wierd mood alot and sad..it is afternoon now and i need to push myself to get a project going..i think if i get something done..even something small..it would help.

take care

linda777 :(

• 4 weeks later...
Hey rhino et. al. I don't know why the mornings are the worst for depression with these darn benzos but they are.  It helps me to have a routine and just get up and get to it.  Before too long usually by lunchtime I'm feeling a little better. Still depression is the worst thing about this journey in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Mornings the worst by far. I wake up discombobulated.

i drink a bunch of water right before i go to sleep but i wake

Up feeling like i drank sand all night.

I wish I could do like billy said and lock on to some task.  It's amazing how obsessively I think think think in sleep and when waking up and it knocks me downhill.

Morning Desspresion is awfuL!!! Something jolts me up about 7:ooam panic panic heart racing intrusive thoughts pounding me down.. I have to cry repeat scriptures over and over just to block out the thoughts then finally I will muster up some strength to get up.. I hate to go to sleep..  :crazy:

I also have that morning crap! how long does it stay with us? is it until we get off the benzos? please help! my mornings are horrid till after 2pm.

I had it before ever being on benzos, so who knows.  Lately I don't usually have much of it though and i'm off benzos.

The stress hormone cortisol is at its highest in the morning.

Some say have a slow burning carb snack by the bed, others say strawberries help with cortisol levels.