Wise or Not Wise ...

[CA...]

My plan is to start my liquid taper tomorrow and as stated in my signature, I bombed at 25mg and had to go back up to 30mg.  This is day nine back to 30mg.  I am having interdose symptoms that weren't like this when I was originally on 30mg a few weeks ago and felt comfortable to taper again.  So, is it wise to begin the liquid now or do I prolong it by waiting until I feel more stable?  I hate to prolong this journey and I'm hoping with such a small drop in the taper, it will be fine.  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, with my liquid taper, the liquid-tapered dose will be in the morning with the two remaining doses to be 10mg of the pill.  Since now I'm taking the 10mg at 8 am, 4 pm, and 10 pm, is is feasible to take the liquid-tapered dose in the middle with a pill in the am and pm?  My thought on this is because from 10 pm to 8 am is so many hours and if I have a problem adjusting to the liquid, it would be better in the middle of the two pills.

Thanks!

[04...]

When switching to liquid, it is best to get used to that delivery method before you start to remove anything from your liquid dose. Wait a good 10 days to 2 weeks.

I would also suggest, that equal doses throughout the day are best to keep the benzo level as even as possible. Also, remove your cut from the days total dose, not from  your Am/Midday/PM dose.

I would wait until you feel more stable.

I couldn't add pills to the Liquid taper plan, so it shows two liquid doses at 10mg and I've been advised to continue the pill for the other two doses as long as the mg is 10, my capsule size.  But, even if it weren't for the pills, the tapering plan still shows to use 10 ml 2x a day while only cutting the 1st dose.  So, I'm not sure about this.  My plan, technically, goes down and then up.

I was planning on making several days of doses for the 1st dose of liquid where it's tapered and was going to draw out the amount in ml of the following mg, i.e. day 1 - 9.8929, day 2 - 9.7857, 9.6786, etc.  I see other people draw out what they throw away and then divide in equal doses, but I know that's something that is advised against due to waste.  I don't understand with what I have left how to use that later and the amount and how much of the pill is in it to figure it correctly when using it. 

What you're saying, my taper plan from this site isn't how it should be.  I'm lost ... again.    ;)

[04...]

I did not realize you were using and wanting to taper Oxazepam, I erroneously thought it was Valium (this might explain why you mentioned inter-dose withdrawal), as the half-life of Oxazepam is 8.2 hours, but this, as with any benzo (or any medication), depends on how our liver metabolizes the medication, also can be effected by other medications and foods.

I'll go back to your original question and suggest you hold until you feel a bit more stable. If possible, can you spread the doses out to 4 a day, every 6 hours, or as close to that?

I also see your confusion, in reading through your posts, where it is stated by Jim Hawk, that Oxazepam is water soluble, which I could not substantiate anywhere on-line. I don't know who he is but I have gathered he has created this "spreadsheet."

Link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204001.msg2643631#msg2643631

I also understand your confusion with what's left in mgs/mls. I use V and whole milk, pull the cut, then discard. I really do not care about waste at this time. When someone is using X benzo with ethanol, they make a large batch and pull their dose, over days. This, IMO, still will leave waste at some point in time, unless they add to that batch, then start again. I do not get this type of liquid taper as I do not use it.

Yes, I had read that before and was going to do the water and found out benzos are not water soluble so have decided on the milk as vodka is something I don't want to mix with my benzo.

Yes, I know about the short half-life and knew that was the problem with the interdose symptoms, but I just didn't want to start the liquid if I'm not feeling quite right yet.  Actually, though, today is much better than it has been the past eight days.  I MIGHT even tackle mowing my lawn.

It seems many just mix up their dose and withdraw whatever they're supposed to, toss it and divide their solution into however many doses needed for the day.  I read it here and have seen you tube videos where they do that as well.

With the schedule on this site, one draws up the dose needed and the math is already done which is a bonus for me. Lol!  I guess I'll stick with what I have, day 1 which would be to draw up 9.8929 mg for the 1st dose and take a 10 mg pill for the other two doses even though it's kind of an up and down thing, but that's what the plan has figured. By the end of 14 days, I will be down 5% or 28.5 mg. If I don't do well that way, I will definitely consider four doses. 

Thanks for your input.

Thank you for doing that; I truly appreciate it.

I do understand the plan that was so graciously laid out for me, but my main concern was if I could do the pill am and pm and the liquid in the middle.  I think it would be fine.  Time will tell or I may just follow just as it's laid out.