Ashton Method?

[Ri...]

I'm having severe problems staying on track utilizing the Ashton method schedule going from K usage to tapering using Valium. Basically the Valium does absolutely nothing for me as far as "tapering and longer half life". Is it OK to stay longer on my afternoon dosing of .25 Clonazepam than what is recommended in the manual? I'm in month 5 and suppose to cut and jump completly off the Clonazepam.

I'm going through serious life issues the last few months with loss of job, insurance and now depleted my unemployment benefits that only covered 26 weeks. The "doomsday effect" is stressing me out more and more as time/days and weeks pass as my finances [savings] will need to be taped into soon. I feel like I'm spinning in a flushing toilet with no sides to grab onto! The fear and anxiety of my future tortures me everyday. Relaxing techniques, acupuncture, meditation just aren't working! Should I deviate from Ashton until I stabilize concerning completely cutting out the afternoon dose of Clonazepam?

My doctor of course doesn't seem to get it, even though he's very understanding. Depression and cold weather certainly doesn't help get me through the day...Due to my DNA testing, I can't take ANY Anti-depressants, as they all seem to have the reverse effect of elevating my anxiety and or making me more of a Zombie than I already am.

My overall physical and mental health is preventing me from getting back to my work/trade. Just want to stabilize...

What dose of K were you on and what dose of V was given to substitute?

1MG of K, 3 times a day as needed. Valium substitution based on the Ashton Manual of tapering from K. Built up a tolerance to Xanax [same "prescribed dosage] prior to switching to Clonazepam per idiot doctor.

Was interdosing both at one time but, stopped the Xanax C/T and started my taper from K months after stopping Xanax.

I'm having severe problems staying on track utilizing the Ashton method schedule going from K usage to tapering using Valium. Basically the Valium does absolutely nothing for me as far as "tapering and longer half life". Is it OK to stay longer on my afternoon dosing of .25 Clonazepam than what is recommended in the manual? I'm in month 5 and suppose to cut and jump completly off the Clonazepam.

I'm going through serious life issues the last few months with loss of job, insurance and now depleted my unemployment benefits that only covered 26 weeks. The "doomsday effect" is stressing me out more and more as time/days and weeks pass as my finances [savings] will need to be taped into soon. I feel like I'm spinning in a flushing toilet with no sides to grab onto! The fear and anxiety of my future tortures me everyday. Relaxing techniques, acupuncture, meditation just aren't working! Should I deviate from Ashton until I stabilize concerning completely cutting out the afternoon dose of Clonazepam?

My doctor of course doesn't seem to get it, even though he's very understanding. Depression and cold weather certainly doesn't help get me through the day...Due to my DNA testing, I can't take ANY Anti-depressants, as they all seem to have the reverse effect of elevating my anxiety and or making me more of a Zombie than I already am.

My overall physical and mental health is preventing me from getting back to my work/trade. Just want to stabilize...

Then imo, I would say yes definitely take your time . Stay where you are until you feel more stable  :)

Good luck 🍀 Mary

Then imo, I would say yes definitely take your time . Stay where you are until you feel more stable  :)

Good luck 🍀 Mary

Are you able to work currently? I have such adrenaline rushes in the morning and then bowel issues by afternoon I'm unable to work in the field of my 30 year trade. Depression is debilitating worrying about future finances and health insurance and loosing my current living conditions. I will stay on my afternoon dose for a few more weeks then. If things don't stabilize I'm at a loss...