Advice please

[So...]

Hello, I've two weeks ago stopped Valium cold turkey. I never routinely took it but rather as needed.. But I took quite a lot each month, I would get through 50x 5mg bottle.

The major withdraws I feel like I have skipped as I still take baclofen to control booze. I'm also 28 Days sober which is great from an everyday drinker in his late 30's

My only concerns (symptoms) now are that I is that i feel in a slightly confused state. I wouldn't call it full depersonalize because i've had that and its fucking scary. If I look in the mirror I recognize myself and it doesn't feel weird. But rather it takes me much longer to read and I have to re-read over stuff for it to sink in. Also Doing daily tasks I'm making more mistake that usual. Like going to put milk in the cupboard etc..

The only other thing I have noticed is is numb/tingly hands. It's most noticeable when I go to run my hands through my hair lol.

My questions are: Is there a medical term for this confusion that I am experiencing?

Why didn't I get all the acute withdrawal symptoms in those first two weeks?

I may consider going back on valium if this dazed state will last an uber long time. I'm currently looking for a new job and feeling confused really isn't ideal.

I can still get valium scripts I just stopped of my own accord.

ANY and ALL advice welcome. Thankyou for the support!

Hi, Welcome...

My best advice, simplistic as it may seem, is to have a good read here...

-Not realy for the "this is how bad it can get" aspect, -it may not...?? But more so you can start to see where you might fit in the WD process, and how to best manage that for yourself as you progress...

Best wishes...

Hey man, I’d give it some more time. One of two things may happen. You may be a lucky one, and god bless you if you are, and this is your only mild symptom, it will clear up in time.

Two- it could get a lot worse as diazepam and it’s metabolites have a very long half life (and it takes about 5 half lives to get to new steady state, or “zero” in this case) and you very well may have some diazepam in your system still 2 weeks out.

Either way, I would NOT take more, unless you do get significantly worsening of symptoms and taking more is to taper only.

[39...]

Hey man, I’d give it some more time. One of two things may happen. You may be a lucky one, and god bless you if you are, and this is your only mild symptom, it will clear up in time.

Two- it could get a lot worse as diazepam and it’s metabolites have a very long half life (and it takes about 5 half lives to get to new steady state, or “zero” in this case) and you very well may have some diazepam in your system still 2 weeks out.

Either way, I would NOT take more, unless you do get significantly worsening of symptoms and taking more is to taper only.

I had valium (diazepam) for 4 weeks in my system. I was in a psych ward for 6 weeks during my acute phase. And they took urine test everyday to see when I was benzo free

And I took a relapse after 6 weeks and it become even worse much worse. I start to kindling and got horrible paradoxical reactions. Once off benzo stay off I guess. In one point you have to stop them one more time and it can turned out to be much sooner than you think.

Thank you for the advice guys. I know this is against the advice you have give me. But if you could please advice me on how so after reinstating will the brain fog subside?

My main goal atm is to quit booze. It's great i've done 2 weeks without valium with little withdrawal effects. But at this point in time I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I had done research into the length of a Valium withdrawal but obviously not enough. I had no idea the brain fog/slight denationalization  could last years.

I totally hear it when you've said you will need to come off them sooner or later and I get that.

It's just I am currently in between jobs and have a log of job interviews coming up.

Please don't see answering my question as enabling me to fall off that wagon and back onto benzos. Thank you for your respect & honesty.

Hello, I've two weeks ago stopped Valium cold turkey. I never routinely took it but rather as needed.. But I took quite a lot each month, I would get through 50x 5mg bottle.

The major withdraws I feel like I have skipped as I still take baclofen to control booze. I'm also 28 Days sober which is great from an everyday drinker in his late 30's

My only concerns (symptoms) now are that I is that i feel in a slightly confused state. I wouldn't call it full depersonalize because i've had that and its fucking scary. If I look in the mirror I recognize myself and it doesn't feel weird. But rather it takes me much longer to read and I have to re-read over stuff for it to sink in. Also Doing daily tasks I'm making more mistake that usual. Like going to put milk in the cupboard etc..

The only other thing I have noticed is is numb/tingly hands. It's most noticeable when I go to run my hands through my hair lol.

My questions are: Is there a medical term for this confusion that I am experiencing?

Why didn't I get all the acute withdrawal symptoms in those first two weeks?

I may consider going back on valium if this dazed state will last an uber long time. I'm currently looking for a new job and feeling confused really isn't ideal.

I can still get valium scripts I just stopped of my own accord.

ANY and ALL advice welcome. Thankyou for the support!

Cold Turkey unless really short term use is very hard.  Please read the Ashton Manual and the Cold Turkey thread on the forum to make an informed choice.  You may not have taken them every day, but your dosage was high.  Good luck, ask as many questions as you need.  We are here for you.  Mary 🍀

So after the 2 weeks I reinstated @ 10mg a day. Took about 3 or 4 days but i'm back to "normal". I was always just getting my scripts from a GP so i tee'd up an appointment with a psychiatrist. So my scripts will be through him now and we are putting a tapering plan in place on my next visit to him.

Thanks again for the help. I legitimately thought I had/was lost my marbles. Very scary!

I look forward to tapering off now. The other good news is I am also booze free. Day 33 :)

So after the 2 weeks I reinstated @ 10mg a day. Took about 3 or 4 days but i'm back to "normal". I was always just getting my scripts from a GP so i tee'd up an appointment with a psychiatrist. So my scripts will be through him now and we are putting a tapering plan in place on my next visit to him.

Thanks again for the help. I legitimately thought I had/was lost my marbles. Very scary!

I look forward to tapering off now. The other good news is I am also booze free. Day 33 :)

Thats great to hear...

:)