L-theanine for anxiety

[jo...]

I have read a lot of post were buddies take L-theanine to help with anxiety while going through withdraws.  I am very cautious with supplements and their side effects. Always afraid that some may make symptoms worse.

Does anyone know if L-theanine is a Gabba Antagonist?  ???

I have read a lot of post were buddies take L-theanine to help with anxiety while going through withdraws.  I am very cautious with supplements and their side effects. Always afraid that some may make symptoms worse.

Does anyone know if L-theanine is a Gabba Antagonist?  ???

I took it for a week 100 mg I didn’t do anything

[21...]

Hi jojo! :smitten:

I 've been trying it on and off in a very low dose, 100mg. It really didn't do much for me. Noticed that I sleep better but I feel kind of groggy next day. I've been trying a lot of supplements primarily vitamins and with the exception of Omega 3 all the rest I had  issues with. If you can handle the sxs I would use natural resorces as exercise, diet, teas. I think that the less you take the less culprits to blame when sxs come.

Regards,

Miguel

It has consistently helped me. I find it a bit sedating, but that helps when the anxiety and insomnia kick into high gear. It is one of the very few things that has helped

I hope you are feeling better CallyDex.  I  have heard some people go for years with Lyme before finally being diagnosed.  I believe it is a simple blood test, but most doctors don't seem to think about testing for it.

When you say it didn't do anything, do you mean it did not help or it did not cause any side effects?

Thanks

No side effects and nothing positive either so I couldn’t even take it maybe the dose is too low.

I have not found L-Theanine to really do anything for me, if anything it was probably placebo. The only thing that has really helped me has been exercise which is weird because it brings back minor head and eye pressure usually for the rest of the day but at the same time making my anxiety lesson/easier to cope with.

I would love to get back to exercising every day, but since transitioning over to valium I just don't have the energy or motivation.  I am hoping the sedation feeling with pass in a couple of weeks when I finish my c/o.  If I had to choose, I would much rather have the physical symptoms than the anxiety and panic, but that's just me.

Thanks so much for your experience and input.