Day 8 ativan taper question

[Pe...]

So hubby is sort of at day 8 of 1mg a day. I say sort of because on day 3 he took it 2x. He feels nervous in his stomach a little shakey but better than yesterday. I am wondering if I should still be extremely concerned about seizures

Thank you in advance

I’m not a doctor but if it’s only stomach irregularity than I wouldn’t be too concerned about a seizure. Our body’s are resilient, it’s likely just adapting to the WD symptoms from a drop in daily intake. Worrying will just make matters worse I think personally.

Why don’t he take three 0.5 doses daily rather than just two? You said that Tuesday he went from theee daily doses of 1mg each time so 3mgs daily to just two 0.5 doses so 1mg daily in matter of one day, that’s high cut for the very next day. He was so use to three doses each day try doing three doses maybe than see how he feels, just a suggestion.

With the short half life of ativan I had to take it every 8 hours to avoid interdose withdrawal. If I waited 12 hours between doses I would get nervous and anxious.

This is his 1st taper, last Tuesday he was offerred a job in order to get his medical card for this job he had to discontinue ativan.  So Wednesday we went to his doctor explain the situation she wrote the letter of discontinuation of the  Med So that day he didn't take his other 2 Doses. So since that day he has only taken 1 mg except Friday he took 2 1mg which is when he decided  To cut it in half and take it 2 times A-day. As for taking it 3 times daily his very stubborn says he feels OK slight physical withdraw symptoms his biggest problem is the nervousness in his stomach. Hey said if it gets much worse he will do .5 mg 3 times A-day but for now he is holding. He is a very hard worker and so dedicated to taking care of his family in wanting to spend more time with his family and this new job will bring him home work hours each day with Comparable pay so to him it's the best all around. I love him to death and am so grateful that he is so dedicated to his family but on the other side I do all the reading and the research and hes oblivious to what could happen hes  a take it as it comes kind of person.  As for with draw between doses I'm not really sure he gets a little shaky a few hours before his 6:00 p.m. dose but then he can go from 6:00 p.m. Intel about a 1/2 hour after he wakes up the next day which is anywhere from 3:30 in  The morning for work  Up to  9 o'clock a.m. on the weekends.  He has trouble sleeping in the sense that he will wake up multiple and I do mean multiple times each night but then he goes to the bathroom and goes back to  bed most of the time. I hope that all made sense. I appreciate all the support, info and advice.

Thank u

Well if he’s stubborn and not having tremendous side effects and can tolerate the drop in dose than let it be, he knows his body the best. Just if his symptoms get too bad then inform him to updose back to three a day to stabilize himself and start from there n taper down. But it is a big drop through so many years of use however if he feels fine than more he power to him. He’s a grown man, if he’s able to function on his current dose. Awesome. Just pray for his health. Power of god. Let’s us know if he gets worse and not myself but there are wonderful caring knowledgeable individuals in this community that can help. Me, I’m a newbie myself that’s why I said not myself. Good luck.