Symptoms after .25 cut (doctor) almost a month ago

[Mo...]

Hello everyone again lol

Is it possible to be having mostly psychological symptoms after a cut?  I haven’t had much in the way of physical symptoms, just intrusive thoughts and weird internal questioning of things I do and big time concentration/forgetfulness issues.  Intrusive thoughts as well.

Thank you

Thanks NM Safe.  It’s comforting to know that I’m not alone.  It’s been almost a month since a .25 cut and it’s not getting any better.  After talking with my pharmacist he thinks that it may not be the right time to taper for me.  My father passed away in January, only got stabilized on Lexapro just before Christmas and I’ve been off work since August.  Going back to 1.25mg will get me back to stable ground, enable me to go back to work and get into a routine.  I’ve been through so much since August.

May I ask if you are able to work while tapering?

[ff...]

Thanks NM Safe.  It’s comforting to know that I’m not alone.  It’s been almost a month since a .25 cut and it’s not getting any better.  After talking with my pharmacist he thinks that it may not be the right time to taper for me.  My father passed away in January, only got stabilized on Lexapro just before Christmas and I’ve been off work since August.  Going back to 1.25mg will get me back to stable ground, enable me to go back to work and get into a routine.  I’ve been through so much since August.

May I ask if you are able to work while tapering?

Sorry. I really haven't "worked" outside my home in quite a few years. :)

Absolutely yes.

Benzos work on your brain. Your brain controls every single thing about you. When you slowly go off benzos, WD symptoms can happen. And perhaps WAY out of proportion to the doses you took. I always encourage people to read a couple of the articles on this here on BB. Parker's "What is Happening in Your Brain" is a very good one to read. Not TOO technical although most likely you wont understand some of it. (I didn't either!) But just having a basic  idea of why you feel as you do is a huge help.

Stay positive and hopeful. There IS a way out of this maze of benzos.

Thank you NM safe, I guess I’m looking for reassurance at the expense of other people’s experience and I’m sorry if my question was insensitive.  I’m going to stop asking.  I wish you healing in heaps ♥️

[ff...]

Absolutely yes.

Benzos work on your brain. Your brain controls every single thing about you. When you slowly go off benzos, WD symptoms can happen. And perhaps WAY out of proportion to the doses you took. I always encourage people to read a couple of the articles on this here on BB. Parker's "What is Happening in Your Brain" is a very good one to read. Not TOO technical although most likely you wont understand some of it. (I didn't either!) But just having a basic  idea of why you feel as you do is a huge help.

Stay positive and hopeful. There IS a way out of this maze of benzos.

Parker's post is one of the best here on this site. Absolutely, Annie.  It's gotten me through some times when I literally thought I would never get better throughout this taper.

I'm in the same boat Monkeypig.  :sick:

Cut .25 v nearly 3 weeks ago and am having a really hard time.  Like you I was on 1.25 v, now 1mg.  I'm going to push on, but unlike you I am not working which makes a big difference. 

Good luck Monkeypig.

Dee

:smitten:

[ff...]

Thank you NM safe, I guess I’m looking for reassurance at the expense of other people’s experience and I’m sorry if my question was insensitive.  I’m going to stop asking.  I wish you healing in heaps ♥️

Oh, gosh no, you weren't insensitive!! I'm so very sorry about your loss. I've spoken of the loss of our son all over this board. He and his wife cut us (my husband and our daughter) off and his entire family outside his wife's two years ago.  This has been beyond devastating, and to be honest it hasn't been the "best" time to taper.  I was on Klonopin and valium (half a$$ed trying to cross over to Valium from Klonopin) from 2013 to April of 2017 when I quit Klonopin when I was on about 45 mg. of Valium. Long story short, I never did well on Valium and when I was down to 25 mg in late 2017 I crashed hard and reinstated the Klonopin and have been tapering that since January of last year.  Another long story short, while I didn't have to get out to go to work, I still had everything I was responsible for in my daily life right here.  It could and would have been easy for me to hold, or not even try to taper from Klonopin or Valium, but my deepest fears were twofold: being on these drugs for the rest of my life or being CT off of them at the whim of some doctor.  And I was dang near CT when my psychiatrist of many years lost his medical license.  I'd lived for years thinking about and worrying about for some reason being cut off because of something beyond me.  I don't know if I'm being coherent or not, but if I were you, I wouldn't be worried about what my pharmacist said. I hope that doesn't sound curt, but only you know in your heart whether to continue your taper or not.  So far, my own tapering has been transformative.  I've had to deal with traumas without being zonked out on benzodiazepines. And it's been worth it, even the darkest of times.  I anticipate more dark times ahead because that's life. I hope you find the answer to your questions within yourself and with peace. I only wish you the best. <3

Thank you NM safe for your text and your story background.  You’ve been put through the wringer far more than me and I empathize with you.  There’s nothing more damaging than being deserted by family and I hope one day things will turn around, it’s happened to me and it will happen when the time is right.

Thank you also for the link to Parker’s very well put together explanation of what is going on in our bodies and minds. 

I made the decision to up dose for now and will hope I can get back to where I was before the cut which had me more functional and right in my thinking.

You’re a bloody warrior and I have respect for all you’ve overcome.

I’m a hugger so I’m sending you a few.  We will all get through this ❤️😎

Cheers,

MP

[ff...]

Thank you NM safe for your text and your story background.  You’ve been put through the wringer far more than me and I empathize with you.  There’s nothing more damaging than being deserted by family and I hope one day things will turn around, it’s happened to me and it will happen when the time is right.

Thank you also for the link to Parker’s very well put together explanation of what is going on in our bodies and minds. 

I made the decision to up dose for now and will hope I can get back to where I was before the cut which had me more functional and right in my thinking.

You’re a bloody warrior and I have respect for all you’ve overcome.

I’m a hugger so I’m sending you a few.  We will all get through this ❤️😎

Cheers,

MP

Thank you so much. (((hugs)))