1 mg clonazepam, only 34 left

[Mz...]

Greetings to all:

I'm in a mess not of my choice.

I've been properly tapering off one of my psych drugs for about 14 months. I'm on 4 total.

Over the next few months, I will be out of all meds, except the one I'm currently tapering.I have no way to get new scripts.

Very soon I have got to get off clonazepam, 1mg. I've got 34 tablets left in inventory.

I need to know what would be the best way to taper considering it cannot be as slow as it should.

[15...]

Hello, MzPurple4351 – welcome to BenzoBuddies!

That’s a tough situation, but one that many folks here have found themselves in. Your new buddies will be happy to help you figure out the best way to proceed.  :thumbsup:

I'm glad that you decided to join the forum – our members have gone through benzodiazepine use and withdrawal themselves, so you'll find plenty of information and support here.

Here are a few links to boards that may be a good starting place for you:

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support

Other Medications

Please take a moment to Create a Signature – you can enter your pertinent drug and taper history in the box at the bottom. This will allow members to see where you are in the process, so that they can better support you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum!

Leslie  :smitten:

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative resource on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery. It provides information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations.

For those who are currently tapering, a starting guideline is that the dosage not be reduced faster than by 5-10% every 10-14 days, although some taper even more slowly than that. One exception: very short-term users of a few weeks or less may be able to taper somewhat faster.

Greetings to all:

I'm in a mess not of my choice.

I've been properly tapering off one of my psych drugs for about 14 months. I'm on 4 total.

Over the next few months, I will be out of all meds, except the one I'm currently tapering.I have no way to get new scripts.

Very soon I have got to get off clonazepam, 1mg. I've got 34 tablets left in inventory.

I need to know what would be the best way to taper considering it cannot be as slow as it should.

Hey there; welcome to BB. I found myself in a very similar situation when my doc abruptly stopped prescribing my clonazepam, sending me out the door with a 3 month supply. I was on 1.5mg/day and had 90 1mg pills to work with. I decided to make larger cuts (.25mg) and hold longer at each dose (2-3 months), but you can also make smaller cuts and not hold as long. I made the pills last for a 13 month taper and still had most of the last refill of 30 when I jumped. My last cut was from .25mg to .125mg and, after a couple of weeks, I actually decided to just jump, rather than cut further. This taper plan worked well for me.

You should visit the taper areas of the forum and read up on what others have done. You can also post there and ask advice from those actively tapering. :)

Wow how did you make your cuts at the low dosage? Did you use a scale? Did you have symptoms after jumping at .125? Very encouraging

I'd cut my 1mg pills into 1/4s, then cut the 1/4s into 1/8ths, using a pill cutter I got at Walmart. I'd cut a bunch beforehand so I never felt rushed.

It wasn't an exact science by any means, but I did well with it, and it was easier for me than using liquid titration. I think knowing that going lower than .125mg would be more difficult to cut helped me just go ahead and jump.

I do believe the slowness of my taper helped make getting down to .125mg and jumping slightly less unbearable. I still had an intense "acute phase" of withdrawal, which lasted about 3 months, but since then I've been slowly (still very slowly), getting better ever since. My symptoms still come and go like everyone else's, but many have lessened in intensity and frequency or gradually lifted. Most of my physical symptoms have taken a hike.

I'm mostly just dealing with my mind now, which I've gone back into talk therapy to assist with. Best. Decision. Ever.