Honest answers only please, thinking of jumping.

[Ni...]

Ok so as you can read from my signature or threads to sum it up I’ve been in tolerance WD from low doses compared to what my body grew adapt too. Experiencing various symptoms. They suck but since learning from this site I just manage, I guess worst has yet to hit me BECAUSE I haven’t jumped yet so there’s still poison in my GABA receptors daily and I don’t even give the half life enough time to expire before I take another. So with that being said, I understand that with pain comes healing with time. Time is the only thing that will heal me for good. I’ve tapered down to just 0.125mg daily of clonazepam which keeps me in a constant state of buzzing stress weakness paranoia etc....but I suck it up because completely understand it’s the tolerance WD symptoms. So why not just jump and get it over with? Start the healing sooner. Get the shit out of my blood stream. I know their fat soluble so it’ll take few weeks for me to completely sweat them out fully, then I can start the healing. Because if I just keep suffering with this low dose WD symptoms daily what’s the point? Just delaying the inevitable, gotta jump eventually. Thoughts anyone???

Hey Nick -

I understand you want to get off but your dose is equal to 1.2mg of Valium and Ashton says .5 is the highest anyone should jump from Valium. I can't imagine jumping from 1.2mg of Valium (I am micro-tapering now from 3mg to 0).

I worry that if you jump your acute will be worse than if you keep tapering as low as you can go. What kind of taper are you doing? Can you do a DLMT to go down lower?

It's your decision and I understand how you feel, believe me, I want to be done with this benzo hell too. But you don't want to have a bad jump or end up suffering longer. Remember that you are healing as you taper and your brain is adjusting as you taper. A big jump from 1.2mg of Valium would be a blow and shock to the CNS and brain. Check out the 3:2:1 Valium board and you will see that people are not jumping at even 1mg, even short term users.

I am just advising you to be safe and not rush anything and you will heal but could heal faster and smoother if you jump form a low dose.

Let us know what you end up doing and I support whatever your decision is but just wanted to raise a few red flags about jumping too soon as would suck if it came back to bite you.

Ty for the honesty. I’m doing a dry cut taper, only been breaking my pills in half then now quarters. Actually ended up taking a full pill today because symptoms got really bad. Just so sick of the non stop daily tolerance WD symptoms. It seems I cannot move on with my life, I struggle so much with stress from my past mistakes and my current lifestyle compared to what I once had. I just want off these start healing process and move onto a better quality of life. Getting off these won’t change my issues, I understand this but least if my head is in the right frame then I can progress to move on. I’m so stuck and just want my new “old” lifestyle back. These pills have taken everything from me. I NEED to move on. You might think everyone is same boat but I got my 16 year old in his teenage high school years, he needs a dad to guide him. Not a jobless prescription pill withdrawal addicted dad. My other son is five just started school. He needs me too. Fuck I hate Ativan and Clonazepam. I can’t take a year or two taper than followed by a two or more year healing process. My oldest will be graduated and starting his own life. Life sucks. These pills are the worst.

Ty for the honesty. I’m doing a dry cut taper, only been breaking my pills in half then now quarters. Actually ended up taking a full pill today because symptoms got really bad. Just so sick of the non stop daily tolerance WD symptoms. It seems I cannot move on with my life, I struggle so much with stress from my past mistakes and my current lifestyle compared to what I once had. I just want off these start healing process and move onto a better quality of life. Getting off these won’t change my issues, I understand this but least if my head is in the right frame then I can progress to move on. I’m so stuck and just want my new “old” lifestyle back. These pills have taken everything from me. I NEED to move on. You might think everyone is same boat but I got my 16 year old in his teenage high school years, he needs a dad to guide him. Not a jobless prescription pill withdrawal addicted dad. My other son is five just started school. He needs me too. Fuck I hate Ativan and Clonazepam. I can’t take a year or two taper than followed by a two or more year healing process. My oldest will be graduated and starting his own life. Life sucks. These pills are the worst.

I hear you Nick..

Im a full time single parent to a 16yo son and the costs have been horrific...

I was pretty well house bound for most of my tapering, -the better part being when I slowed right down for the last 1v..  Its a bit complicated due to other meds and taper, but I considered most of my V SX to be done not long after 4months post jump...

-If that helps you..??

-Its not manditory to take 2yrs to heal post benzo... lBut obviously the ones that do are still here posting about it..

All the best with which ever way you go about it...

:)

Hey Nick - I totally understand your frustration and anguish over these pills. Don't assume it will take you 2 heals to heal - most people heal faster and some even quickly. It seems to me that the people who have the least problems healing did do a slow taper right down to the end. The ones who suffer a long time usually did a rapid taper or a cold turkey. And those poor people (my heart feels for them) usually post the most so you hear these scary stories more. The people who heal quickly often leave the group and go on with their lives. It is a minority of people who suffer for a long time, they are there, but it is not the majority - Ashton says that in her manual.

So try and go slow and don't jump too fast - that is my advice.

Yeah ty Pete. Just ever since I got switched over to clonazepam from my Ativan my energy level is non existent. Feel so weak. Called and had a conversation with my pharmacist over it. She thinks it’s because of the longer half life Clonazepam has compared to Ativan which I was so use too and grew a dependent on. Plus the Trazodone I take too both combined seems to sedate me and not give me no energy to exercise fresh air get outside. But then if I stop taking them to let the half life expire then I’m stuck with shakes and tingling sensation which drives me Nuts. So I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. The sad thing is according to all everyone’s threads on this site plus YouTube, the worst had yet to hit me. Fuck I’d give my soul up to turn back time and say NO that day when I was crying in the doctors room when she suggested Ativan as a way to calm my stress down.

I understand Nick but I really don't think you will suffer with protracted s/x - just don't even let yourself think that way. Honestly, the horror stories on here scared me big time but I realized that sadly most of the people who didn't heal fast were cold turkeys and/or rapid tapers - that was enough to make me start a DLMT and take however long it took to taper off of Valium.

My doctor offered me trazadone to sleep - I heard small amount work best. I haven't tried it because I didn't want to add another drug to the Valium though. Does it help you at all? I know you have to taper it too but it is not like tapering a benzo from what I've heard.

The Trazodone (according to pharmacist) is a old school AD so yes it’ll have to be tapered off of, but it’s so low dose compared to nowadays SSRI that they only use it for calming effects n sleep. It makes me sleepy yes but mixed with my clonazepam personal opinion is it’s too much sedation for my liking. But everyone reacts differently.

Nick I’m the exact female version of you. I have 2 daughters about the same age as yours and that has been a huge guilt burden on me.  I pictured myself being totally absent if I started this taper. Turns out that it actually made me focus on being more present and while there have been bad times, there were bad times before too...maybe even more.  I also realized that kids are so resilient and not in the same paranoid state we are in.  They don’t see us as we see ourselves.  I asked my daughter and she always reassures me that she’s fine and doesn’t usually notice I’m having a bad time.  I think you are so close but maybe just keep the good pace so when you do jump you have the smoothest jump possible.  You sound like a great dad.

Don't jump just yet. (9 years ago I jumped too soon) I felt just like you. "If I'm suffering on such a low dose of klonopin what worse could happen?" So I jumped.  I was just barely taking "klonopin dust" into my mouth. I had the brain shocks, my body always felt like it was seconds away from a feeling of convulsing and I was impaired.

I couldn't drive. Developed Agoraphobia. I had constant brain shocks. Uncontrolled eye seizures.

Just keep tapering.

I ended up having to go back on klonopin and now I'm on am an heard of dose.

Just please listen to our buddies. Take head to their taper advice.

I want everyone off this medicine, so to be successful, take it slow or you'll rebound like i did.

Many Hugs and I hope you feel better

Hey Nick - I totally understand your frustration and anguish over these pills. Don't assume it will take you 2 heals to heal - most people heal faster and some even quickly. It seems to me that the people who have the least problems healing did do a slow taper right down to the end. The ones who suffer a long time usually did a rapid taper or a cold turkey. And those poor people (my heart feels for them) usually post the most so you hear these scary stories more. The people who heal quickly often leave the group and go on with their lives. It is a minority of people who suffer for a long time, they are there, but it is not the majority - Ashton says that in her manual.

So try and go slow and don't jump too fast - that is my advice.

I've read this also that overly fast tapers or cold turkey are more likely to have longer term post taper symptoms.  I wonder if the fast taper causes the central nervous system to be overly stimulated and in some way damaged.  I just haven't seen any scholarly articles or studies to confirm why. If anyone does run across one it would be great if they could post it here.

Shalaco : I think a slow taper helps the body/brain catch up and heal as we slowly remove the drug (in my case, Valium) - when you cold turkey or remove a a lot very fast, the brain/body is shocked and has had no time to repair. Slow tapers always seem to end up with faster healing times. I went too fast at the start and it caught up with me so now I am doing a DLMT from 3mg and I am going to go slow all the way to 0...

Hey Nick -

I understand you want to get off but your dose is equal to 1.2mg of Valium and Ashton says .5 is the highest anyone should jump from Valium. I can't imagine jumping from 1.2mg of Valium (I am micro-tapering now from 3mg to 0).

I worry that if you jump your acute will be worse than if you keep tapering as low as you can go. What kind of taper are you doing? Can you do a DLMT to go down lower?

It's your decision and I understand how you feel, believe me, I want to be done with this benzo hell too. But you don't want to have a bad jump or end up suffering longer. Remember that you are healing as you taper and your brain is adjusting as you taper. A big jump from 1.2mg of Valium would be a blow and shock to the CNS and brain. Check out the 3:2:1 Valium board and you will see that people are not jumping at even 1mg, even short term users.

I am just advising you to be safe and not rush anything and you will heal but could heal faster and smoother if you jump form a low dose.

Let us know what you end up doing and I support whatever your decision is but just wanted to raise a few red flags about jumping too soon as would suck if it came back to bite you.

That was excellent advice from Pete , Nick.  What you do toward the end on the tapering side can have a huge impact once you jump.  Can you lower your dose by dlmt?  Now really is the time to take it slow and easy .  A lot of people on valium go down to .0625 and walk off.  As Pete said, just be careful.  Good luck 💜☮️🙏💜☮️🙏  Mary

Agree with Mary - go slow and go low...and walk off. Don't jump but rather walk.

Someone described a DLMT as going down a slow ramp...smooth and steady, where making big cuts is like going down steps and you never know how steep they will be or if you will fall and hurt yourself.

I thought I would have a fast taper and jump but after reading LOTS on here and too many cold turkey horror stories and fast taper mishaps, I decided I would take as long as it took, not look at the calendar and just do a very slow DLMT...

I say all this because I want you to walk off and feel great and heal fast. I don't want to read that you are suffering and struggling after you take you last dose.

Nick - if you go to the Titration board and post, a very helpful buddie like Builder (a DLMT guru) will generously help you come up with a plan.

Can’t come up with a plan to slowly taper off of for months, long story, posted on it but to sum it up don’t have the support from my local health centres here in N.S Canada, it’s all or nothing because I’m on my so called “tapering “ prescription and after that it’s jump time. So I’m just going adjust as much as I can I guess on this prescription to lower the doses gradually than jump at lowest dose possible as per current medication I have.

Can’t come up with a plan to slowly taper off of for months, long story, posted on it but to sum it up don’t have the support from my local health centres here in N.S Canada, it’s all or nothing because I’m on my so called “tapering “ prescription and after that it’s jump time. So I’m just going adjust as much as I can I guess on this prescription to lower the doses gradually than jump at lowest dose possible as per current medication I have.

Then we will all keep you in our thoughts and wish you lots of luck, keep us posted.  Mary ❤️