Have you go on holiday during w/d?

[65...]

[65...]

On my 50 birthday my husband gave me a gift...a trip to Thailand. I am not able to go at the moment way to much symptoms. But...I need to push myself to do stuff. I will feel the same where ever I go. Home or in Thailand. But it is a 9 hours flight. I dont have trouble with noise or lights. More my inner electric feeling stops me from live a normal life and this can last for years. Shall I fake it until I make it and book a,trip to Thailand?  :angel:

My fear is telling me no no no stay at home you are way to sick. You might end up in a wave if you go away from home. See my sign what kind of symptom I have left. I just want my life back.  :D

My wife turned 60 in January and we booked a trip to San Francisco for her birthday.  We booked it last September (before I got off this drug), and there was no way to cancel it.  I was going through some intense waves (mainly physical) right before the trip.  The flight there was not that bad, but once we got to San Francisco I got hit again.  The night we got there we walked down to the Fisherman's Wharf and I was slammed.  Could barely walk and everything felt like I was in space.  Was very nauseous and could barely eat anything.  We only stayed there a short time and went back to our hotel room.  I was so worried that the entire week there was going to be like that first night.  The following day I felt a little better and that feeling (thank goodness) stayed with me the rest of the week.  I was able to get through the entire trip even though I was not feeling too good.  So long story short, yes..I was able to go on a trip, but I won't plan another one for that long unless I feel way better. 

I hope you can get better and enjoy the vacation.  :smitten: :smitten:

Its just scary how benzos change your life take away every thing you have.

All of my office collegues are going on a trip on coming holiday and i cannot join them. I'm just 2 weeks in withdrawal and I feel very sick.

Just watched Dr Ashton video on Youtube.

Doctors just sell their souls to ruin our lives and no body is accountable for. They are modern day Bouchers.

>:(

A friend of mine actually suggested we go on a holiday to Thailand this August, now that’s a full 6 months away and I’ll be around 25-26 months off by then, but I have absolutely no idea if I’ll be able to go. My recovery has been so slow, I thought I’d be better by 18 months, but I’m not, I’m actually doing really badly. I’m just planning on waiting and seeing how I’m doing closer to the date, it’s quite possible I won’t be well enough to go. If I went on holiday right now I can tell you I’d waste the whole time lying around in bed.

I was in the middle of tapering when I took a two week vacation to Hawaii.  I have two teenagers and didn't want them to miss out on traveling and other life experiences because their mom was sick.  It was a long plan ride (twelve hours total on the plane with a layover in the middle of it).  For me it served as a sort of distraction from my symptoms and gave me something else to focus on.  It wasn't a perfect situation but I'm glad that we went and are planning a trip back this summer :)

you should go.

i've forced myself to go on 3 holidays during withdrawal when i thought there was absolutely no way i could.

it was a struggle at times but adrenalin kicks in - in a new good way you wouldn't expect / and you'd be surprised.

get in some warm water and in the sunlight and get some massages

in the future you will he much more thankful you DID GO instead of NOT GOING. (you'll be bummed you didn't try to go)

I have experience with travel during withdrawal. In December I flew from Texas to Australia, 16+ hour direct flight! I was on .25 xanax and experiencing every withdrawal symptom in the book. My boyfriend had planned this months in advance (before we knew just how bad withdrawal could be) and I didn't want to disappoint him. I was determined, so I fought through. Yes, lines and crowds made me incredibly anxious. I cried several times. The support I had from my boyfriend was what got me through. He understood if I needed to find a corner in the airport to just hide and catch my breath. And then we kept going until I needed another break. It's tough, but it's doable!

When on vacation, you forget about this horrible process because of the beauty that surrounds you. It's an incredible feeling and you feel so alive. I highly recommend travel just to be reminded of how beautiful life is.

Just keep pushing yourself. Make yourself uncomfortable until you're comfortable.

[65...]

I have experience with travel during withdrawal. In December I flew from Texas to Australia, 16+ hour direct flight! I was on .25 xanax and experiencing every withdrawal symptom in the book. My boyfriend had planned this months in advance (before we knew just how bad withdrawal could be) and I didn't want to disappoint him. I was determined, so I fought through. Yes, lines and crowds made me incredibly anxious. I cried several times. The support I had from my boyfriend was what got me through. He understood if I needed to find a corner in the airport to just hide and catch my breath. And then we kept going until I needed another break. It's tough, but it's doable!

When on vacation, you forget about this horrible process because of the beauty that surrounds you. It's an incredible feeling and you feel so alive. I highly recommend travel just to be reminded of how beautiful life is.

Just keep pushing yourself. Make yourself uncomfortable until you're comfortable.

The flight is 9 hours from Sweden to Thailand ( Bangkok) and another 1 hour flight out to the island. Boattrip 20 min. We are gonna book this trip but will do it in march next year so I have 13 more months to heal. Hope I will feel better then. Did you get any waves in Australia? My husband is amazing and he cares for me. My wingman.  :smitten:

I would advice to do it. I went to Mallorca with 4 months and around 18 months to France and those where absolutely horrible months. But on the other side, I felt so much better afterwords. Time goes by much quicker and new environments are always a good distraction. No matter what I am going this year again to France!

[65...]

I would advice to do it. I went to Mallorca with 4 months and around 18 months to France and those where absolutely horrible months. But on the other side, I felt so much better afterwords. Time goes by much quicker and new environments are always a good distraction. No matter what I am going this year again to France!

Amazing! But did you get any waves during your holiday? No problem with agoraphobia?

My benzo flu is horrible I feel so sick...have a brutal wave today

Amazing! But did you get any waves during your holiday? No problem with agoraphobia?

Ofcourse I had non stop waves, but it is always better than being at home and focussing on the symptoms.

In France I got hit with multiple waves every day, but I survived it and I look back to a nice holiday despite the bad health status. I lied down when neccessary, but went to restaurants, the beach, cycling, cano tour. And believe me I felt very bad most of the time. You learn how to live with this disease.

[65...]

Ofcourse I had non stop waves, but it is always better than being at home and focussing on the symptoms.

In France I got hit with multiple waves every day, but I survived it and I look back to a nice holiday despite the bad health status. I lied down when neccessary, but went to restaurants, the beach, cycling, cano tour. And believe me I felt very bad most of the time. You learn how to live with this disease.

Yes I think so too. I have to accept this for now. That dosen't mean I like it. What stopping me is my fears for everything. I am sick at home too.  This makes me believe travel is possible.

You can do it Sundance! Don’t let the monster take over everything in your life. And ofcourse somedays are hard or impossible, but you are stronger than you think!  :thumbsup:

[65...]

You can do it Sundance! Don’t let the monster take over everything in your life. And ofcourse somedays are hard or impossible, but you are stronger than you think!  :thumbsup:

Thanx for giving me some hope :thumbsup:

Last summer in june 2018 I was sick then but not like this.. I and my husband took a long trip by car...6 hours and I did it even though I had bad dr and dp. We went on a week long holiday away from home. But this is far away from home the flight is whats worry me most...but as you say I can do it  :thumbsup:

I suggest going. I went to Cuba in 2017. It was an 2+11 hour flight including a 10 hour stay in Moscow in between. The flight was quite yucky, but the holiday was worth it. As someone said, adrenaline will kick in and in the end you can look back on it thinking that you've done something good for yourself :)

Hello Sundance,

I would suggest you to go on your vacation abroad!

Last year during my taper, I had the invitation to go visit some friends from France (I am from Argentina) to spend a 15 days visiting different places in their country.

When the invitation come, I was reluctant to go...but my wife wanted so much to accept the vacation with friends, visiting nice places, having good food, etc.

So we went: it is a 14 hours flight... :sick:

I must say that even if some days I didn't feel that good, our friend's company and the new environment was a great distraction that made my mind focus in other than my symptoms...so time passed quickly and overall it was not that bad experience...

And yes, when we returned, I was happy to be back home...but also happy to have accepted the invitation!