Insurance Company

[Fr...]

I guess my taper was jump started a bit quicker than I wanted but now that opiods are being targeted I now see Benzos in the news lately. It wasn't until my Dr refilled my klonopin Rx January 2019 and I got a letter of denial. The insurance company are refusing to pay for 1mg 5 times a day. They will only cover 1mg 3 times a day. I wanted to taper and it is time. But It shocked me that the insurance company could do this.

So, I'm paying for some of my Rx out of pocket, and Klonopin is not cheap.

If anything it makes me want to get off this EVIL drug even more. I just need to heed to everyone's advice on here and go SLOW, SLOW, SLOW.

In the case of Klonopin the familiar proverb applies:

"Slow and steady Wins The Race"

I'm so sorry about that. The insurance companies are just as clueless as doctors. Cutting people off is the wrong idea.

I don't know what generics there are, and I wonder if they're made the same. That's a concern I have. A number of people on BB have said that there are changes. Maybe you can ask one of them. There's a support group called Teva Clonazepam discontinued group: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=204645.0

Try and go as slow as you can to get off.