Heart stuff!

[Me...]

Today i went to see the cardiologist and I told him that I was very dizzy I'm light-headed and chest in pain i told him that my bp keeps dropping 88/40 while sleeping and goes high when walking my legs hurt and aftee alll that he tells me....u need more salt more sodium we need ur bp at 140 150 😱 guys im 116 lbs he litrally saw me for 7 min and appt was over he did oder echo but who knows im sure its a heart attack or heart failure

Hi,

Benzo wd symptoms can be scary, and some of them can mimic other disorders or illnesses.  Not only that, one of the most common psychological wd symptoms is hypochondriasis, or severe hypochondria.  I had this very badly, and was plagued by fears of serious diseases that didnt exist.  Muscle pain and spasms are extremely common, including chest pain and palpitations.. And so are blood pressure ups and downs. 

It sounds like your heart is fine.  It would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with common wd symptoms, they are described well in The Ashton Manual, Chapter III, link below:

Thanks for the reply Megan! I just find it hard to believe im in complete acute all over after being 15 months off i had my bababy 4 months ago and been back in acute feeling super dizzy and light headed scary cause women after birth are at risk for heart failure and i have the same symptoms i guess i gta wait for the echo😭

I hope everything turns out just fine for you.  My chest pain was so severe I was admitted to a cardiac unit overnight.  I had every test run and my heart was fine.  Including a test whereas they had to inject me with a radioactive dye to make sure.  Anyhow, very scary stuff, I know.  I do not suffer from hypochondria, but I've experienced truly agonizing pain during this ordeal.  Sending you a cyber hug.

[7a...]

Oh Mendozac my heart goes out to you, this must be so hard going through this with a baby, I can't imagine it. I  would take your sxs from you and add them to mine if I could. Hang in there, it will eventually pass and life will be good again. Sending you lots of hugs

ss xx

Why did he say you needed to have bp of 140 or 150? Would that balance out the 88/40? I had a similar situation to yours. My bp sitting down was 151. Standing up, it was 108/63. I was VERY dizzy, so I know what you mean.

I was also taking a drug for high platelets, Anagrelide, during this nightmare, and my bp was 88/33. I was so scared that I quit taking it then and there.

As for withdrawal, I don't know any time that I've NOT been on guard except with windows. I'm so sorry you're going through this! Having a baby and then suffering through this is very, very tough. I hope you settle down soon!!!  :hug:

Terry i have no idea y he said it needs to be higher my bp has been in the 150 and i end up with a bad headache so i cant have it that high im a small person and i keep loosing weight im scared for whats to come im gonna go see an endroconologist to have them check my hormones i kno my Catocholamines were high mayb that can be a part of this too

Right now I've been drinking 1/4 Himalaya sea salt in morning and 1/4 at night...my heart rate last night was 49 and i do have bad fatigue along with this light headed dizziness! What else can i do and man do my legs hurt i was already getting better then bam i had ny baby and got thrown back into acute 😭

Is anyone else still having palpitations?  Mine have been off the chart these past three days, almost went to the ER Sunday night and last night.  Made an appointment with a cardiologist for next Friday, but if they continue I may have to go to the ER.  This sucks because they had gone away for the most part and now they are back.

It feels like my heart is stopping or skipping beats or just stopping and starting.  I have a great resting heart rate of 53 and it gets in the 40's when I sleep.  I walk anywhere from 15-20 miles everyday.

Keith mines is doing the same exact thing! Right now its 58 along with shortness of breath but it will regulate mines used to do it to when i firat went cold turkey then it regulated and now im back in acute and its low again its are cns trting to regulate ...i went to cardiologist one time and they did a test on me gave me a medication to do a ct of my heart and it dropped my heart beat to 19!!! Now thats scary!! Then 4 months ago my heart rate went to 180 and i blacked out! Everytime i went to er all they tried doing was offer me a benzo its sad!! So ill just deal with my heart being 59 until i see a cardiologist again in 2 weeks!

That is scary!  Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I don't like my heart fluttering when I exercise.  It had been months since it happened, its happened the past 3 days so makes my walking more stressful.

Right now I've been drinking 1/4 Himalaya sea salt in morning and 1/4 at night...my heart rate last night was 49 and i do have bad fatigue along with this light headed dizziness! What else can i do and man do my legs hurt i was already getting better then bam i had ny baby and got thrown back into acute 😭

You could try adding in potassium as mentioned in that article.

Are you getting lots of magnesium in your diet?

Terry i have no idea y he said it needs to be higher my bp has been in the 150 and i end up with a bad headache so i cant have it that high im a small person and i keep loosing weight im scared for whats to come im gonna go see an endroconologist to have them check my hormones i kno my Catocholamines were high mayb that can be a part of this too

That would be a good idea. I had mine checked, and the norepinephrine was off the charts. I'm going to have it checked again to see if it's gone down. It has a lot to do with bp regulation. You can also see how your sodium and potassium are doing. I have low-sodium issues, so I always have blood tests for that. Never had them before benzos. I've been in the hospital twice with low sodium.

Terry I go the 22nd for endro appt! Ima neee to make a appt to have them check my mag pot and sodium levels again i feel so weak so tired lots of fatigue im feeling really hopeless today i have a big family to take care of and cant even get out of bed

Oh, I'm so, so sorry, Mendozac!!! I'm glad you're going to the endo, though.

Along with everything else there are the tremendous fears that we have to deal with. My heart really goes out to you!!! Hang in there, and God bless!!!  :hug:

The heart fluttering, which mimics afib and the heart beating faster etc. are all benzo wd symptoms. Ive had several “symptoms” with my heart which were all due to benzo wd. Ive had two heart stress tests the past few years and 2 ekgs and all came back normal. The problem with testing your heart is that the symptom you are experiencing must also happen at the exact moment you are taking the heart test or it won't record it. The odds of the symptom occuring during the zillion dollar heart test is extrememly low. Engrain in your mind “this is all only benzo wd” and try to worry less. Good luck!

Experienced much heartbeat craziness in addition to my agonizing chest pain mentioned here before as well, not to mention scary low blood pressure at one point.  For myself, I do not regret being tested for peace of mind.  However, having to be injected with the radioactive dye for one test is not something I am happy about whatsoever.  I think all any of us can do is the best we can do as far as making decisions for ourselves.  I will say that for me, the DAMN scary and creepy chest/heartbeat symptoms were some of the first symptoms to drop never to return for me.  The scary low blood pressure was the result of propranolol being added to a librium detox.  Would propranalol affect everyone this way?  No, I am not saying that, but it is my truth.  Other than that, any time my blood pressure was checked, it was fine.  I was very physically active with cardio exercising and a healthy eater before all this nonsense, so perhaps that served me well also.