Panic attacks last more than 30 minutes ?

[my...]

Research says it's very rare for panic attacks to last more than 30 minutes. I've now on hour three with no relief. Did many people experience this? Dry mouth nausea. Close to throwing up twice, dizziness cold hands cold feet. Feel a bit short of breath. Etc. Usual feeling of heart issues or lacking blood to the brain.

Any help and or personal experiences greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

M

I regularly experienced panic attacks lasting hours at a time while tapering until I learned to stop them.  They would regularly last 5 or more hours, and I had at least 1 a day for about 2 months (I did have shorter ones, too).  Eventually I started to get them shorter by practicing breathing tips and techniques, and I eventually got them to stop completely.

I got anxiety attacks like you while still on 1mg klon that lasted about four hours every morning.  Those days are behind me thank Gawd, and didn't last too terribly long.

But same thing...dry mouth, cold all over that would go into sweats, couldn't even talk cuz of rapid anxiety breathing.  They would spike every time I made a cut...but were happening while I was still on the full dose and I didn't know what the heck was going on, believe it or not.

The best practical suggestion I can come up with was I made sure I ate small meals of protein in the morning...whatever my stomach could handle  (nausea wasn't a particular issue)...because protein helped with the shakiness and helped calm me down.  Sometimes a good warm shower helped when I could manage.

You're not drinking coffee, right?

I regularly experienced panic attacks lasting hours at a time while tapering until I learned to stop them.  They would regularly last 5 or more hours, and I had at least 1 a day for about 2 months (I did have shorter ones, too).  Eventually I started to get them shorter by practicing breathing tips and techniques, and I eventually got them to stop completely.

Thank you for sharing 😁

Mine have been everyday now and lasting about four hours or so. I usually can calm down at night time. 

Thanks and best wishes.

M

I got anxiety attacks like you while still on 1mg klon that lasted about four hours every morning.  Those days are behind me thank Gawd, and didn't last too terribly long.

But same thing...dry mouth, cold all over that would go into sweats, couldn't even talk cuz of rapid anxiety breathing.  They would spike every time I made a cut...but were happening while I was still on the full dose and I didn't know what the heck was going on, believe it or not.

The best practical suggestion I can come up with was I made sure I ate small meals of protein in the morning...whatever my stomach could handle  (nausea wasn't a particular issue)...because protein helped with the shakiness and helped calm me down.  Sometimes a good warm shower helped when I could manage.

You're not drinking coffee, right?

Hi welchie

No on the coffee. I could imagine the shit storm I would be in if i had caffeine. No smoking. No drugs. No drinking.

Showers usually calm me  but i feel i might fall in the shower. I'm still a bit young. But the dizziness is a bit crazy. I stumble and cant seem to walk in a straight line.

The nausea has been so bad lately. I take some zofran, sometimes I get hungry. So I eat a lot to get enough calories for a while. But them my stomach goes nuts. Oh well. Take it one day at a time I guess.

Best wishes to you and thank you for commenting !

M

Yes, At the beginning of my taper, I had panic attacks that would last for hours, but finally they subsided. I did suffer from panic attacks before Xanax, that’s one of the reasons I started taking them.

After two car accidents, I couldn’t get back on the expressway, driving in general became very hard for me. Now I just try to stay away from stressful situations. I hope I will recuperate from all this.

I’ve had a lot of stress in my life, but, who hasn’t?

Stay strong.

Research says it's very rare for panic attacks to last more than 30 minutes. I've now on hour three with no relief. Did many people experience this? Dry mouth nausea. Close to throwing up twice, dizziness cold hands cold feet. Feel a bit short of breath. Etc. Usual feeling of heart issues or lacking blood to the brain.

Any help and or personal experiences greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

M

Well just lasting a few minutes is Bull. I know my panic attacks have lasted up to an hour. Where I go numb all over because my breathing is erratic.

If I have someone with me to help coach my breathing I can get over the attack otherwise I have to try to use methods learned in therapy and when the attack is completely "over" it's usually another 45 min.

I like to bike, sometimes palpitations happen when I'm on my bike and I just start peddling faster. That helps me.

If I'm at home and I feel "edgy" I immediately get up from a sitting position and do jumping jacks or something physical. If I can't make it outside, I'll scrub my kitchen clean. Distraction helps me.

Sorry you're suffering so long!

I hope it stops soon.