The effect of body weight on your taper and recovery

[es...]

I have a question for those who may read some science about how body weight influences withdrawal. I am a very thin woman and am having a difficult taper. I understand that Benzo is stored in the body fat. I am guessing this may be why am not gaining any stability after holding five months. It would seem to me that being thin would be a great disadvantage when withdrawing from a Benzo. My thinking is that the Benzo is always leaving my body much faster than my brain can catch up. Even after a slow taper, I will have very little left to fight post withdrawal symptoms and will have a hard recovery. Do I understand this correctly? Does anyone have an opinion?  Thank you, Esperanza

very good question

are you on Valium now?

i expect some Keto replies - ie, high fat diet.

my Hx is complex.... but once on K  - Oct '16 -  lost all muscle, turned to fat every month of 2017, even tho became somewhat stable and progressively more active.

reached K tolerance late 2017/2018.

now - extreme atrophy and fat loss since July '18 - after huge multiple setbacks in various tapers by Docs = disabled.

now stuck on biggest dose ever of both K + some Valium [not Ashton - long story].

also recent Lyrica trial = major setback again...like DVT + other sxs.

got a long road ahead and no 'cushion'.

can barely walk or stand.  can't exercise.

very scared.

thanks for posting, you're not alone.  :hug:

*following* 

I am also thin and 70 years old and have been on the junk for 20 years.  But, I'm still hoping I can lick this horrible dependence on the devil's drug.

[e6...]

I was very skinny while I stopped Valium after CT 6 days taper. My weight was 49 kg and I am 168 cm long. It took me 4 weeks to become free from benzo. I was in a psych ward during 6 weeks and they tested my urine every day

Our brain is also fat and we even have fat around our organs. Fat that you dont see

I have a question for those who may read some science about how body weight influences withdrawal. I am a very thin woman and am having a difficult taper. I understand that Benzo is stored in the body fat. I am guessing this may be why am not gaining any stability after holding five months. It would seem to me that being thin would be a great disadvantage when withdrawing from a Benzo. My thinking is that the Benzo is always leaving my body much faster than my brain can catch up. Even after a slow taper, I will have very little left to fight post withdrawal symptoms and will have a hard recovery. Do I understand this correctly? Does anyone have an opinion?  Thank you, Esperanza

This is a very interesting question.  Thanks for posting it.....