polydrug what drug to come of first

[bo...]

Hi  i was given klonopin to mask the stimulating effect of celexa so should I discontinue the celexa at some point I had insomnia last year from discontinuing an ssri and my sleep is broken at the moment the more I decrease  the K..

what do y'all recommend? feeling confused

It might be best to discontinue both of them slowly at the same time you can check with the surviving  antidepressants site  they might give you some insight

I multi tapered at times, but yes it can get complicated... For me complication on top of complication was kinda splitting hairs.. Part of the reason I stuck to a rather chunky pill splitting taper was to help isolate what SX were from what, and I took my time to let SX from a cut cycle through...

Another reason was that I was short term on one med (lyrica)...

Ad's may be a different story...??

Do what you feel is best...

I would taper the benzo first. I have done it in the past and is much easier to handle the withdrawel. But everybody is different so just give it a try. It won't hurt you. Stay positive, stay strong :thumbsup:

Taperdude

I would definitely taper only one at a time.  I think mixing the withdrawals could cause more problems.  However, if you go down significantly in one, you might pause your taper in one for a few months and then do the other one.  I started my benzo taper, thinking I would do my AD taper later, but as I got down lower in benzo, I found the AD side effects too much too bear.  I also suspected they were making my migraines worse. 

So I paused my benzo taper for a few months, spent four months tapering my AD and then held for a few more months before I resumed the benzo taper.  It added about 6 months or so to my benzo taper that I was not actually tapering the benzo, but it worked out okay for me. 

I would definitely taper only one at a time.  I think mixing the withdrawals could cause more problems.  However, if you go down significantly in one, you might pause your taper in one for a few months and then do the other one.  I started my benzo taper, thinking I would do my AD taper later, but as I got down lower in benzo, I found the AD side effects too much too bear.  I also suspected they were making my migraines worse. 

So I paused my benzo taper for a few months, spent four months tapering my AD and then held for a few more months before I resumed the benzo taper.  It added about 6 months or so to my benzo taper that I was not actually tapering the benzo, but it worked out okay for me.

This would probs be an improvement on how I did it in relation to an AD and the OP's situation....

I think this is what I'm going  end up doing, tapered from 0.5 to 0.390  in 3 months  because of holds.. its so annoying that I have to hold  and keep taking  a benzo :tickedoff: but I think its best

This would probs be an improvement on how I did it in relation to an AD and the OP's situation....

yes I think it sounds more sensible  :thumbsup:

You will do ok Bonty, -your finding your way through...

:)

I was realy just pointing out that nothing is set in stone, -there are options, should the need arise...

All the best...

:)