Clonazepam wanting to taper, doc thinks it’s ok to stay on

[Ta...]

Hello:) I will sum up my story as quick as I can! Had my first panic attack in August of 2018, ended up being put on Clonazepam .5 twice a day. Went down to .25 twice a day within first few weeks with no problem.  Wasn’t told about long term effects, found out with my own research and decided to start tapering.  Was down to .125 at night only about a month ago and was doing ok, then a mild panic attack through me into a depressive episode so ER doc told me to go back on Clonazepam for now. So back up to .25 twice a day now. Have a new psychiatrist who doesn’t seem to think it’s going to be a major issue to stay on for awhile🤦‍♀️ I want to taper and have anxiety every time I take it due to knowing other people’s stories. Terrifies me. I’m curious how many of you tapered under your doctors guidelines/approval and how many decided to take this on alone?

I’m positive my doc won’t switch me to Valium in order to follow the Ashton method. So how do I go about tapering from .25 twice a day?? I have 6 kids so I really need to go slow and be able to function for them😢

Any tips and advice would be great:)❤️

I had my doc's full cooperation (he wrote all the scrips I needed) but my taper was completely self-directed.

Tips?  Do a daily liquid microtaper.

My doctor seems incredibly indifferent to my status with Clonazepam. As far as he's aware I'm still on 0.5 mg twice a day. I don't know if this helps, but you haven't been on it that long. Personally, I think a lot of this journey is the mentality we have going in. If you psych yourself out with worry it won't help the symptoms, might even worsen them. I went into my current cut thinking, "Last time wasn't fun but I survived just fine." That's made a huge difference so far, for me! In the previous cut I made myself sick with worry. The best tip I can give is to listen to your body. If it's too much, taper by less.