Currently take .5mg twice daily - need taper help

[fr...]

Hi!

I used to take 1mg twice daily until a couple of weeks ago when I dropped it down to .5mg twice daily. I know CT isn't the way to go and I don't want to completely drop it due to this. I was also told that dropping from 1mg twice daily to .5mg isn't a great idea either, but I did it and have been holding on for the past few weeks - although I do get jaw and neck pains. I have good day and bad days, but don't we all?

My question is, where do I go from here? Should I go to .25mg twice daily or should I wait longer before dropping any more?

Thanks for the advice and support!

Dropping by 50 percent each time is never recommend but I cannot help with suggestions just that read the threads throughout this community. There’s tons of information on safe taper plans and what cuts to do etc...

If your symptoms are really that manageable after a 50% cut in dose, I might slow down a little bit but I would probably still cut more than most. Most people here would be getting zero sleep, skyrocket blood pressure, etc, after a cut like that. I would base your next step on what you think you can handle. Just keep in mind people have more trouble reducing when lower in dose. If you want to be bold, be bold, but not sure I would do another 50% cut.