Need Help w/ Liquid MT and how much to ask dr to rx?

[Ba...]

Hi I am one of the long-time terrible cases on the boards.  I got below 3 mg then got very very ill (bronchitis/flu) and have been very set back with horrendous symptoms of shakes/freezing cold/sweats/nausea.

Assuming I stabilize, want to begin micro taper.  If dr. will rx liquid valium, do I ask for 3 oz?  4 oz?  What makes sense? Imagine it costs less more you get but then don't know how I will react to it.  What is a reasonable amount to request?

I believe you then dilute what is in the bottl some prior to taking?

Thank you.

Oh and still on the 10 ambien which hopefully could be addressed later?

Thx

Hi I am one of the long-time terrible cases on the boards.  I got below 3 mg then got very very ill (bronchitis/flu) and have been very set back with horrendous symptoms of shakes/freezing cold/sweats/nausea.

Assuming I stabilize, want to begin micro taper.  If dr. will rx liquid valium, do I ask for 3 oz?  4 oz?  What makes sense? Imagine it costs less more you get but then don't know how I will react to it.  What is a reasonable amount to request?

Thank you.

Thx

Why not get off the ambien when you start the  liquid V. Get enough to cover 3mgV tabs plus 5mgV (ambien equivalent.

So 8mg a day times 30 days you would need approx. 240ml liquid V. Or you could use a combination of tablets and liquid. Doing this combo deal should help minimize the chance of having an adverse reaction to to much of the pharma liquid. What ever works best for you  :thumbsup:

Thank you.

Thx

The Diazepam Oral Solution is packaged in 500ml (500mg) bottles.  Your pharmacy can dispense in smaller quantities.  If your doc has been giving you 30 days of tablets, I would hope he would give you at least 30 days of liquid.  It has a long shelf-life, so don't worry about that.

The easiest and most convenient way to use it dilute it 9:1, and do 10-14 day batches.  Store at room temp in  a covered jar.

9:1 gives you a .1mg per ml diluted solution.  No math required.