• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [So...]

• [Ho...]

• [Ma...]

• [Et...]

My Plan was to start the 10% but my CNS went wild when I did.  So now I'm on the 5% and still shaking inside continually.  I started 2/1/19 ..off 6 mil today and having a hard time already but it's not as horrible as it was with the 10%.  Ashton mentions you can start at 5% and increase to 10%.  So maybe I can do that hopefully.  I would like to hear from anyone else on this subject and their symptoms.

Starting off low and then only moving up in % sounds like a smart plan - listen to your s/x and use them as your guide in how much you increase. i am starting at 5% to be on the safe side.

Let me know how it goes. Hopefully others will chime in soon.

The problem is my GP threatened to cut me off if I change the 10% that I had originally gave him.  So it is another change he is not going to like.  He thinks HE IS IN CHARGE as if I'm an ADDICT and need his help.  I went to him to taper......not the other way around.  I have some Ashton updates I intend to show him in regard to starting out at 5% and possibly increasing to 10%.  I hope he reads it and does not CT me.  I'll die if he does.  Beta Blockers don't work on me......so how would they save me if he CT me?  At age 70.  He'd kill me.  He believes it won't hurt me if he cuts me off.  I don't look my age.  My hair is still blondish brown.  I look very young, so my husband thinks the GP thinks I'm young.  We have to remind him I am 70!  I hope to God he listens.  My husband is a lawyer, he will sue him.

That's a hard place to be Hope with your doctor. Is there another doctor who you could see? I don't want you to have to rush your taper because of a stubborn doctor who doesn't understand what you are going through.

It's great to look young but not great that he is not taking your age and what you are going through into consideration.

I am slowly adjusting to the liquid.  I started the Liquid in January.  Seven days before I began tapering and I believe that helped, albeit I still had sxs with the first taper.  So I've been on this taper for 11 days and only today I'm not as shaky as I was the entire time.  SO we will see how I fair.  I WAS going to raise it to 7% taper bcuz I want off this med so badly but this the shakes last night and this morning and head pressure changed my mind.  So I decided to stay on this till I feel better than hopefully increase to 7% and see how I do .....only that kind of screws up my spreadsheet.  But nevertheless, I could do that till I can increase to 10% if that's possible. 

The Thought of being on this longer than I have to be on it is disheartening.  But going too fast for my CNS can result in Protracted symptoms which also concerns me. 

So that's kind of where I am at right now.  I hear it's really hard at the level you are at.  SO I wish you the very best.

Thanks Hope - I am going slowly too as I don't want to end up protracted at all. 3mg is definitely much harder than i thought it would be - today and especially this morning was really rough. I had to take my morning and afternoon dose just to feel "OK" - I am hoping the DLMT will help ease the trip down to 0.

Hope you feel better and better :)

Sober,

I read from Ashton Manual that it can be very hard toward finishing off the Valium and many end up going on AD to help them get off and then wean off the AD which takes a few more months.  But these GPS have no problem giving out the ADs.  I admire you for hanging in there at this most difficult time.  I hope you have a good support around you.  As it is my husband who is now retired is doing the shopping bcuz most days I cannot do it.

Thank you Hope - I was considering Trazadone but not sure if it will help or hinder at this point...I do want something to help as things are not easy now at all.

Glad your husband is helping. My mom is supportive but doesn't live in the same city and i am currently single so in this struggle alone...

Wow Sober,

I'm so sorry you have to suffer through this without family.  I don't know how you are doing it.  It would be very hard for me to shop on my own.  I would have had to hire someone to help me to it.  And before this I was working full time, running a law office, running around.  Then in 2017 my BP went up and GP gave me Adivan.  The sorriest day of my life!  Regrets to the max.

Thank God you are strong and again, IF I have to go on a Tricyclic AD then I will have to.  Ashton recommends them toward the end bcuz they help you sleep. 

Thanks Hope - I am going to a birthday dinner tonight and it is my first social event in a long time (and I used to be the most social person). Going through this is hard but i don't know if I would want to tell my friends, even my closest friends, how much I am suffering. So I try and be positive and keep going. I am able to shop and get stuff done - I am lucky not to be bed-ridden even though I do isolate way too much.

I will google Tricyclic AD - not sure what those are or if trazadone is in that group...

Hope you are well today :)

Sober,

Thank God you are this strong at the stage you are in.  I envy you.  I don't know why it has hit me this hard at 10mg.  I think you were right the first time, my GP put me on too much to switch over and that messed up my CNS.  That's what I think happened.

Anyway, have a good time with your friends, it's important to be around friends.  I'm not well enough to do that and it's winter here, cold and the wind is always blowing here, always cold wind.

3-6 inches expected and then Freezing Rain coming.  So much joy huh?

Oh well, I do try to exercise 20 min a day at least but my adrenals are insufficient so I don't want to push it ...so they will heal.  And I choose positive things to watch on tv.  And I'm eating whole foods of course and no sugar.  Sugar is a stimulant, so avoid that if you feel nervous.

You are a great friend, wish you the very best and praying for your healing and that you will soon be off this stuff and recover quickly! :hug:

Also, have you adjusted to the liquid? I am starting my liquid taper tomorrow. I made the solution myself using vodka (yikes!) and water.

Hey SH, builder was reminding people the other day, you can make it with the alcohol, get it all ready and add a little juice or something to make it taste better.  Just a suggestion  ;)

Thanks sweet Mary - I will probably have to add juice to stomach the liquid...

Hope - I could definitely get my doctor to prescribe an AD. I re-read Ashton and she names a few - any suggestions? My one concern is adjusting to an AD and having s/x from that while I am doing a DLMT...someone said Celexa made the second half of their taper much better and faster but that they felt awful for 7 days adjusting to the Celexa and that scares me big time.

Pete

Sober,

The more I have read about ADs the more I do not think I will ever take them.  And I heard my type of DNA doesn't do well with ADs.  So they would not help me anyway.  I saw a woman on YOUTUBE who got off benzos and she said she had to taper down to 2% in the last 5 mgs.  That's how she was able to do it.  She also took something that was discovered in Russia.  I forget the name of it now.  YOU can order it on Amazon I have read.  And you do have to taper off that too, but she said it helped.  Anyone remember the name of that stuff?    If I can, I am going to a place that gives you nutrients, even IV nutrients ......it is OUT OF POCKET, but I'm thinking of doing that.  It's a couple of hours drive, but I'm willing to go that route instead of poisoning my brain more with ADs.

Thanks Hope - I don't think I will add an AD either. I also remember reading about ADs in Ashton too and those who took them at the end of their taper and they helped but all the info is confusing and I am too scared to adjust to something new while I am already having a problem tapering.

Was the Russian thing Flux-something?

Read that too - I am resigned to the fact that nothing but tapering slowly and time will heal me.

I have an arsenal of expensive CND oils that did nothing for me.

Yep.  Nothing I've tried has helped either Sober.  Cept the Nausea Meds that Prof. Ashton suggested.  They do help me sleep.  How long they will last while I continue my taper......I dunno.  But that's all that has helped.  Thank God you are doing well at the level you are at.  Amazing!