Progress and problems with making liquid valium

[ja...]

I came here a month ago in search of expertise on how to turn valium pills into liquid and got very helpful useful information and support.  Specifically my situation was that i have tapered Valium down from 10mg a night for sleep to 1mg a night for sleep, supplementing the Ambien i take for sleep-- first dose about 15mg, second dose 10mg, with 1mg valium with the first dose of ambien (bedtime). the Valium was prescribed by my doctor but the law changed in October and he couldn't prescribe both the Ambien and the Valium, and fiornal for headache, so i had to choose the Fiornal.  I have about 40X 10mg Valium pills and i came here to learn how i could turn a 10mg valium pill into 10 1mg doses. 

I printed up the instructions for making liquid valium with milk provided by benzo-off and put it on my frigerator. 

it was working fine, very pleased.  i think i made three jars of it so far and initial glitches smoothed out, things stabilizing.  it was time to make another jar a couple of days ago and i what i did before, put the valium pill in the jar, pour 100 ml milk on it and let it dissolve for 12 hours.  Shake it up a couple of times to get an even emulsion.  i thought that was what was happening i could see the blue pill decomposing in the beginning, but then by  the time i took it, i only saw white milk.,i wasn't seeing any blue.

When i made jar a couple of days ago, all day went by and i forgot to shake up the mixture. i could see lots of blue pill particles, conspicuously floating through the milk. i didn't see that with the previous two jars. i thought i messed up by not shaking the jar all  day and it's wasted but i have plenty more valiums so i will just make another jar, so this morning i did that, same method.  i asked Siri to remind me to shake up the mixture in 4 hours.  I shook it up.  i thought it looked like there was a lot of undissolved valium in there, but i shook it a couple more times, and it seems to have was much thick blue valium pill debris in a circle around the bottom of the jar, and again it seems to not  be dissolving. i never noticed any blue in my first three jar attempts.

Is it normal for the pill to not full dissolve, will it bee too strong, too weak?  am i doing something wrong, did my brain delete some important step?  i just used my last doze of the previous jar and am ready to use the new two jars i mad but is it supposed to look like that? will it work ok, will the 10ml dose be what it is, do the blue pill fragments have much of the medicine in them?  it this common and acceptable?  i'm panicking a bit because i just took the last dose of the stuff that seemed right.

thanks for any light to shed

Your tablets only contain a tiny percentage of actual valium.  A 2mg tablet typically weighs about 150mg, so  only about 1.3-1.5% is Valium.  The rest is inactive ingredients, and some of them will be insoluble.  Those are the particles you see.  The Valium will dissolve.  What you see is NOT Valium.

Jaw - I had this same worry when dissolving my valium in vodka and Builder reassured me as he did to you. i muddled the tablets just to give me peace of mind and now the solution is white/milky and I know it's all dissolved.

thank you for that info!  i guess i just didn't notice the particles the first 2-3 times i made it. 

thanks builder ,  one less thing to worry about, which is a great relief when you're on worry-overload.

my dog is sick from something he's not going to recover from (mitral valve disease, congestive heart failure managed on meds)  but no telling how long before it will get to a point of ending it all, two weeks ago cardiologist said emphatically, "he's not there yet," and i get that, and why, but he has symptoms that tear me apart and nothing i can do to help is something i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  on 2/20 i have an appointment to take him to a palliative care vet i found on the web, the clinic is called Pawspice. the purpose is to prioritize quality of life with all interventions. getting that appointment was a big relief too, i didn't know such a specialty exists, it's relatively new, the vet is famous in the AVMA as a leader of it. fingers crossed.

i love me some sleep.

soberhope,  thanks.  i'm curious--how did you muddle the tablet and get white-milky?  do you mean without the tablet color?  i'm mystified because i wasn't seeing blue the first times i made it, but i wasn't looking for it and it sinks to the bottom and i shake up right after i get it out of the fridge and in fact, i've been being careful to not shake it when i first take it out because i want to see in the light whether the 10ml reductions in the liquid are reasonably accurate with each dose, by the measurements on the jar---on the kind of jars i'm using, the measurements are printed in white so it's hard to see them with white milk. i couldn't find any jars with darker colored measurement info.  (jervis & george)

so i was actually avoiding doing anything that would bring the particles in the bottom to my attention. that's probably why i wasn't seeing it. I'm glad that i won't have to throw either jar away! 

I used a small spoon to "muddle" or break up the particles of pills (many looked like whole pills). It was more for peace of mind visually as Builder told me that the actual valium dilutes in the vodka (what I am using) and the particles are just the pill fillers.

I wish I could show you a photo - have you started your DLMT yet?

I wish I could show you a photo - have you started your DLMT yet?

i can picture what you're saying.

my valium taper has been on hold since about a year ago. i'm taking ambien in two doses totaling about 25mg a night and i see the valium as giving me help to stay asleep more continuously because it doesn't wear off so fast. Only 1mg so i don't know if it's just a psychological confidence it gives me but i will taper off the valium 1mg before taking on the Ambien--and then start healing my brain from all that amnestic stuff.

Because my doctor couldn't prescribe both the valium and my headache medication as of new law in October, that inspired me to come to benzobuddies to learn how to make liquid valium because i have about 40 10mg  valium that are useless to me as pills. Learning how to make it liquid opens the door to micro tapering the valium in a way i didn't have before and now i'm in the stage of getting psyched up to start but i'm not there yet.  i have been working on my sleep habits, i used the time change, gaining an extra hour, to get to bed a lot earlier and continue working on that. Past experience has shown that helps me either to sleep more or to get more out of the sleep i do get.

past experience has also shown that once i get started on cutting down sleep medication habit, it's not nearly as hard as i feared.

i see in your signature thing you have achieved a lot of progress and you are going to  be taking Rx liquid valium. i didn't know there was such a thing, though not surprised.  Is your doctor a supportive team player?

Hi Jaw -

I am actually now using pills with vodka to dissolve them and water to make the solution. I have a 14 day supply already made and will start in a few days as i list confidence after a rough day yesterday so need to feel more stable before making the switch.

They do make liquid Valium which is much easier to use than making your own solution. I believe it is by a brand called Roche and can be bought even at Walgreens. Ask your doctor. My doctor is supportive but I panicked that I would mess up the liquid and it wouldn't work and I'd be left with no Valium to taper so I just went ahead and got pills (he couldn't prescribe me both).

Let me know what you decide to do and happy healing!