Hot Yoga and Withdrawal

[So...]

Yoga excellent.  Hot yoga not so good.  During w/d I could not stand any kind of heat.  I don't think my body was regulating my temperature properly.  I had to limit showers in time and temp., avoid being in the sun too long, and even being too hot while I slept. 

I started my regular yoga practice shortly after I started taking benzos. I’m still going during my taper, I do gentle yoga classes (vinyasa and iyengar based). I’m only 1.5 months into my V taper. I think it’s important not only for the exercise, but also because it gets me out of the house. My balance has been affected a bit, but I don’t want to sacrifice all the benefits I’ve gained over the past year by not continuing. The studio where I practice can get pretty toasty at times so I just make sure to bring an insulated water bottle with ice cold water and that seems to help a lot.

kitsune556 : I find yoga so helpful too - my balance is not what it was pre-taper but a few times when I did do yoga, it literally opened windows for me...and the breathing is so good.

Glad you are doing it kitsune556 - exercise helps us heal I believe.

:smitten: