Clozaril

[go...]

Hi, this post isn't about me but I just wandering if anyone on here could give me advice. Basically I have a brother who had quite severe brain damage, he has no short term memory and lives in a support unit, he needs 24 hour care.

He became brain injured by a failed suicide attempt, before he was manic depressive and at times psychotic. This all happened 20 years ago but he has been in that unit since. He has went through spells of being quite restless and impatient before. But for the past 3 months he has been incredibly difficult to deal with and I'm worried that the unit he is in may not be able to house him anymore. He has no attention span and is incredibly agitated, restless and aggressive at times. I know he is on clozaril. It is so hard to tell what is the cause because because he was manic before his brain injury. But I have a bad feeling from reading about these medications that the clozaril may be playing a part, but the because of his disability he's not going to be able to fully articulate how he is feeling. I'm just worried that the doctors are going to do something drastic and cold turkey him off of it and he won't be able to tell anyone how horrific he feels. Has anyone got any experience with clozaril and know if these symptoms sound familiar. I doubt he will be able to be without some kind of medication for the rest of his life.

Sorry to hear about your brother Gooner - I wish I knew something about Clozaril but I don't...when people don't respond on here it's usually because they don't have any info...I wish I could help.

Sending love to you and your brother.

I feel bad for your bro and you too, about this situation.  Sorry I know nothing about this drug either Gooner.  I also send good thoughts to you and him, hoping for a solution that will help, not hurt more.

So sorry to hear, Gooner.  :hug:

I'd never heard of this med before but did a quick search.  Do you think your brother might be experiencing akathisia?  I'm thinking you might get better info from survivingantidepressants?

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry to hear, Gooner.  :hug:

I'd never heard of this med before but did a quick search.  Do you think your brother might be experiencing akathisia?  I'm thinking you might get better info from survivingantidepressants?

I would 2nd this...