Looking for opinion/thoughts on taper

[BA...]

Down to .220 ativan split in two doses [.110 am and .110 pm]. Going on vacation in two weeks. Looking for thoughts on

1] hold taper at .220 until return to avoid any sx issues?? Or just continue?

2] at what point could/should I consider "jumping". Would there be any issues at .100 [.05 in am and .05 in pm] or just run down to 0? Just want off this stuff

Any thoughts/suggestions/prior experience welcomed.

Everyone is different but I plan on going down to 0 just to be safe...

Hope you have a great vacation. i am tapering Valium so can't help with whether you should hold or not but someone else should chime in. I held on 3mg of Valium for a while when things got touch and to prepare for a DLMT.

stay strong!

Thanx. 0 it is. Another month to reduce/eliminate issues can't hurt. Hopefully someone can give thoughts on whether to just hold while on vacation.

One last question for input. When tapered off is there any issues taking say .5 on a day with panic issues or avoid at any cost??

I would avoid taking any benzos when you are fully off so your brain/body keeps heeling - people talk about carrying a rescue dose but then never use it. That's just my opinion - I would stay off benzos completely when done.

BAC about this:

When tapered off is there any issues taking say .5 on a day with panic issues or avoid at any cost??

I would avoid taking another benzo at all cost. I don't know anyone on here who is so strong that they can take one now and then. That's the slippery slope to reinstatement . . . one leads to another etc.

And .5 mgs of Ativan is the equivalent of 5 mgs of valium (my benzo). Holy smokes . . . I would have gotten "hooked" again for sure had I done that. Please think twice.

I would advise that you deal with your panic issues by talking to a therapist. NOT a psychiatrist. You do not need drugs . . . you need to understand why you panic. With a good therapist you will also earn strategies to defuse your panic. It's a nasty rotten state to be in, that's for sure. I get it. I used to suffer from terrible panic attacks.

If you think you need chemical help, something like hydroxyzine (Vistaril) is a better choice. It's not addictive . . . except psychologically.  ::)  Your doc will need to prescribe it.

So those are my thoughts about this. Please don't fool around with your benzo post-jump. Maybe just throw them away.

Have a good vacation.

:smitten:

Katz

happy to offer any advice I can BAC. I would never take another benzo when off though - you want to be drug free no matter what happens - you will be able to handle life without benzos.