Sleep Tracker

[Ar...]

Hi,

I'm coming up on 2 months post jump. I've never been that stare at the ceiling innsomniac but rather it's always been the quality of my sleep. I've always worn a Fitbit to bed that tracks my sleep. Normal time asleep between 7-8 hrs. But I've noticed just in the last few days my deep sleep has gone from 10 minutes to almost and 90 min. A couple questions: does anyone use a sleep Tracker? How much deep sleep does one need a night?

I used a fitbit early on in withdrawal.  It was a waste of time for me as I barely slept for about the first 8 or 9 months off.  I don't put much stock in the results either as there were nights I know I was awake the entire night and it said I slept for 3 or 4 hours.

Not sure how it can assess deep sleep accurately anyway?

Sleep needs vary with each person.  Some people can survive and function well on 4 or 5 hours per night, others need 7 or 8 hours per night.

Your body will get the amount and type of sleep (deep, REM, light) that it needs.

Sleep doctors always say it's the quality not quantity of sleep that matters.

Do you feel more refreshed after your sleep tracker says you are getting 90 minutes of deep sleep per night as that is the most restorative sleep?

Fitbits work an an algorithm of hr and movement. My understanding is they are fairly accurate. What it doesn't take into account is SPO2

desaturations over night which is what sleep doctors look for.