Seroquel Journey

[Su...]

Day 1: some of you may see how much I post about my anxiety and derealization. Well yesterday I had psychotic derealization, depression and anxiety plus insomia. My mind was begging me to jump out of a window, cut myself to feel real again, go crazy and scream. I was sick in the head, I couldn't eat or drink I only would leave my room to use the bathroom and that was it. I was agatated to the point where I was begging my son to get away from me. So I called up my nurse practitioner and she gave me 50 miligrams of seroquel and all my symptoms are GONE. my mind is clear and I forgot what it feels like to feel that way after one dose. Suicide or antipsychotics? I choose life. I don't care I needed relief and I found it. Im eating up a storm walking around and I actually LAUGHED. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for reading and God bless you all

P.s. im not telling anyone meds are the answer but if youre suffering and ready to commit or do something youll regret please do something you dont deserve this.

Sunshine :smitten:

So glad you are feeling better!

I used seroquel a couple of times. At first, it worked great, then it stopped working for some reason (but it could be just me, don't get discouraged!) Seroquel is one psych medication that I am actually glad that I had access to. I am also glad that I used it sparingly, but it definitely worked.

So glad you are feeling better!

I used seroquel a couple of times. At first, it worked great, then it stopped working for some reason (but it could be just me, don't get discouraged!) Seroquel is one psych medication that I am actually glad that I had access to. I am also glad that I used it sparingly, but it definitely worked.

Thank you so much! I feel the same way, sometimes you just have to intervene with medication for your own safety and sanity ill worry about withdrawaling later but from what I read withdrawals can't touch the horrors of benzo withdrawal

Day 1: some of you may see how much I post about my anxiety and derealization. Well yesterday I had psychotic derealization, depression and anxiety plus insomia. My mind was begging me to jump out of a window, cut myself to feel real again, go crazy and scream. I was sick in the head, I couldn't eat or drink I only would leave my room to use the bathroom and that was it. I was agatated to the point where I was begging my son to get away from me. So I called up my nurse practitioner and she gave me 50 miligrams of seroquel and all my symptoms are GONE. my mind is clear and I forgot what it feels like to feel that way after one dose. Suicide or antipsychotics? I choose life. I don't care I needed relief and I found it. Im eating up a storm walking around and I actually LAUGHED. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for reading and God bless you all

P.s. im not telling anyone meds are the answer but if youre suffering and ready to commit or do something youll regret please do something you dont deserve this.

Woohoo! You deserve it. I hope it keeps working for you 🤞

Woohoo! You deserve it. I hope it keeps working for you 🤞

Thank you so much! I hope youre healing as well and find relief God bless!!

When do take the medication.

I can take it PRN or everyday at the same time but im going to only take it if I get agatated or going crazy. When I first got it I took it right away because I was going mad shaking and crying.

Day 2: woke up with a clear mind. Refreshed [glow=red,2,300]15[/glow] hours of sleep previously having 2 hours of sleep. Took a shower and drinking tea and enjoying tv. Feeling blessed to find relief and a clear mind.

Day 3: mind still clear, dark thoughts leave as fast as they come, a warm fuzzy sensation almost like a drank a few beers. My sleep has been amazing. Overall good mood I hope it rewiring my brain back to normal lol

Does it work after 1 day? Is it fast acting like a benzo? Were you on anything else before it?

Hi Gooner, it worked for me within 15 minutes. Its fast acting I believe but they also have extended release version. I took prozac before I liked it but side affects sucked. I also tried abilify for a month and It wasn't great it was just meh but seroquel brings me down to earth. It takes that crazy out of my brain

When do you take it?

Hi blue, take it when I wake up but if Im feeling okay Ill wait but if I wake up shaking and screaming ill take a half so I dont get tired if Im terrible in the day I can take two to knock me on my ass but I take one before sleep for sure. Only side affect for me is that food tastes so damn good and I cant stop eating and it makes me feel drunk but not sloppy just tispy. Idk if thats bad? Probably for a diabetic but im not. Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Still helping?

Yup! I haven’t updated my thread in a while but I been on for two weeks and this medication is God sent for me I’m able to actually be comfortable and content with life. I didn’t take it one day and I didn’t get any withdrawals. I’m combining it with CBT and it’s helping so much. I kissed my prescription bottle that’s how much I love this medication lol

Still helping?

Yup! I haven’t updated my thread in a while but I been on for two weeks and this medication is God sent for me I’m able to actually be comfortable and content with life. I didn’t take it one day and I didn’t get any withdrawals. I’m combining it with CBT and it’s helping so much. I kissed my prescription bottle that’s how much I love this medication lol

Awesome!! So happy for you. I might try some medication soon so it's good to hear that some people are really benefiting from it.

Still helping?

Awesome!! So happy for you. I might try some medication soon so it's good to hear that some people are really benefiting from it.

Thank you so much! I hope you find something that works for you as well My best advice is though if the meds make you feel terrible stop them immediately so you don’t waste your time. I found out that absolutely no meds gives me withdrawal after taking it besides benzos.

Just wanted to update this. I’ve been on seroquel for about 3 weeks now and I’m starting to slowly cut down on it so I don’t gain a dependence on it even though I don’t think you can.. I try to take it sparingly and I have it PRN 25 miligrams. The days I don’t take it I feel no withdrawal.

Positive Results thus far-

Intrusive thoughts are gone

Motivation is back

depression is gone

I’m able to laugh

Eating better

General anxiety is gone

Dp/dr is lessening as the days go on

Sleep is amazing

Suicidal urges are gone

Negative results-

Gives me a stuffy nose sometimes

Sometimes probably like 25% of the time it’s alittle TOO sedating but it’s like a good sedating if that makes sense? Kind of like a glass of whine

Makes me alittle lazy but I can push through

Junk food cravings are a beast

So obviously the good outweighs the bad in my case. My family definitely thinks I did a completely 360 and that’s good. I’m glad I choose the unpopular opinion of starting new meds because my mind was a mental prison and no one deserves that. Pm me if you have any questions for more details

So happy for you!

Hope your taper goes well and you stay healthy and happy!

Thank you so much ideal! I actually cold turkeyed back in July and went crazy after about 3 weeks of use. I had paradoxical effects from the beginning. Xanax was basically rat poison to my brain. I thought about reenstating for months but I’m glad I didn’t. Hopefully a success story is around the corner for both of us God bless!!!