Need help with stomach issues due to valium

[jo...]

Hello all,

I am in the process of a valium crossover from ativan.  Since the crossover began, i have been having horrendous stomach problems due to the valium.  Has anyone out there had the same issues and if so, what did you do to help the symptoms? I am new to the community and not sure if I am posting this in the correct place. Please forgive me if I have made a mistake.

Desperate!! 

Hi jojo.

I've always had a touchy stomach but on my taper things got so much worse. I had terrible gut problems. I lost 40 pounds, was nauseous all the time, couldn't eat. GERD, acid reflux, the whole 9 yards. I wish I had known then what I know now.

Now (my stomach still bothers me from time to time) I drink (don't laugh) aloe juice. I buy it from Amazon. It's called Alo. It soothes your stomach and calms everything down so you can eat. Ahhhh. I tried Pepcid and all its cousins, plus a prescription-strength medication. No help.

PM me and I will send you the link if you like. We're not supposed to promote things on here, so I won't include it.

I feel for you. Stomach problems are no joke. They're pretty common in w/d but still no joke.

Best,

:smitten:

Katz

Oregonkatz,

Thanks for the reply.  I have found the item on Amazon and will give it a try.  I have been taking prescription Prilosec most all my life for extreme heartburn, but it does not touch all the other stomach issues.  I have also read that taking Prilosec with valium reduces the time it take the liver to metabolize the valium.  Basically it means the valium stays in your system longer, which I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  My doctor did not tell me what medications or other such things not to take while taking valium.  I guess I will figure it out along the way.  Again, thanks so much for the reply.

jojo, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the Alo. I was. At first I was skeptical, as I always am, but it came through.

Best to you,

Katz