Liquid Ativan - proper doses in syringe - I’m clueless any help appreciated

[Mo...]

Hello y’all,

I haven’t started my liquid Ativan taper yet but wanted to get some info on what line I should be using for each reduction.  My solution will be 1mg/ml.  Not sure if my question makes sense but I’ll try an example.  My first 10% reduction from 1mg/day would be .9 and I dose 4 times a day so .225/ dose.  I believe syringes have .25 markings so do I just eyeball it?

Maybe I have this all wrong, my brain isn’t at full speed at the moment lol.

Thank you for enduring this torturous post and thank you for any assistance!

Cheers 🥂

Hello y’all,

I haven’t started my liquid Ativan taper yet but wanted to get some info on what line I should be using for each reduction.  My solution will be 1mg/ml.  Not sure if my question makes sense but I’ll try an example.  My first 10% reduction from 1mg/day would be .9 and I dose 4 times a day so .225/ dose.  I believe syringes have .25 markings so do I just eyeball it?

Maybe I have this all wrong, my brain isn’t at full speed at the moment lol.

Thank you for enduring this torturous post and thank you for any assistance!

Cheers 🥂

Hey MP!

What type of syringe did you get? This 1ml 100 increment Tuberculin Syringe is what I used.

Here is a pic showing the syringe lines for .22ml & .90ml on the Tuberculin syringe. Because you have a 1ml=1mg solution it would be hard to get the .225 with out dilution. You can dilute the solution to 10ml=1mg then to get .225mg you would need to take 2.25ml of the diluted solution.

To dilute: put 1ml of pharma liquid in suitable container and add 10ml distilled water. This will give you a 10ml=1mg solution.

If you do not want to dilute pharma liquid, I would recommend drawing out the daily allotment of (.90ml first reduction) then squirt approximately .22ml into some applesauce 4x a day. What ever works best for you  :thumbsup:

click image

oOVcb1x.png

a 1ml syringe will typically either have 100 graduation (.01ml) or 50 graduations (.02ml)  Either will work.

With the .02 markings, .o1 is between the lines.

And diluting your liquid to .1mg per ml makes the process dramatically easier.

Thank you Bella and Builder!  This is very helpful info to have ahead of when I get my liquid.  I’m still trying to stabilize from the .25 cut from 3 weeks ago...it’s been up and down but mostly down. I don’t want to ruin my progress but I’m starting to wonder if I will stabilize...I want my brain back!

Just to be clear, I would dilute 1ml into 10ml or 9ml of water to get .1mg/ml.

Thanks tons again you two 🙏

Thank you Bella and Builder!  This is very helpful info to have ahead of when I get my liquid.  I’m still trying to stabilize from the .25 cut from 3 weeks ago...it’s been up and down but mostly down. I don’t want to ruin my progress but I’m starting to wonder if I will stabilize...I want my brain back!

Just to be clear, I would dilute 1ml into 10ml or 9ml of water to get .1mg/ml.

Thanks tons again you two 🙏

If your liquid solution is actually 1mg per ml, as you previously stated, then yes,  9ml water for each 1ml of solution.

But if  you're in the US,  and using Rx liquid, your ativan liquid (Lorazepam Intensol) will be 2mg=1ml. 

So to achieve a .1mg per ml solution, you would need to dilute 19:1.  (19 ml water for each 1ml liquid Ativan)

That gives you 2mg = 20ml, or .1mg per ml.

Are you using the Rx liquid, or are you using a locally compounded liquid?  If it is a compounded liquid, is it actually a solution, or a suspension.  A solution can be diluted, a suspension probably not.

Sorry to interrupt but does anyone have a link to a 1 ml syringe on Amazon similar to the one Bella posted above?  Is there a benit to a “tuberculinL syringe? Thanks!

And hi MonkeyPig! It’s good to see you again and I’m glad you’re doing this.  :)

Annie

Hey everyone and thank you again, glad to have help.

I’m not sure what the liquid is, solution or suspension.  The pharmacy is supposed to call tomorrow so I’ll know then.

Hugs hugs to y’all 😜

Sorry to interrupt but does anyone have a link to a 1 ml syringe on Amazon similar to the one Bella posted above?  Is there a benit to a “tuberculinL syringe? Thanks!

And hi MonkeyPig! It’s good to see you again and I’m glad you’re doing this.  :)

Annie

Hi rabbithole-

For some reason Amazon does not sell the tuberculin syringes anymore. Here is a link to where you can get the 1ml 100 increment Tuberculin Syringe.

The advantage is that there is 100 lines instead of 50 lines.

Is there a benit to a “tuberculinL syringe? Thanks!

Annie

" Either will work.  With the .02 markings, .01 is between the lines."