Starting liquid titration - don't know what to do.

[Ho...]

Hi Bb,

I am starting my liquid Titration of 1mg of K.

I initially took 0.5:0.50ml = 1mg. I made no reductions.

I was experiencing:

- Muscle tension

- Feel like im blanking out at certain periods. (Faint or losing consciousness)

So i panicked and updosed back to 1mg to stabilise.

Also, I tested one of my formulas of dropping two tablets of K into 100ml of milk. When i poured the tablet into a dispenser, I noticed that the tablet didn't dissolve properly. It kinda shook my confidence of switching over to liquid titration, incase, i do the dose wrongly. I forgot to shake it before use in the morning, and at around nighttime when I dispensed it the tablet wasnt dissolved when i poured it into the drinking container.

Question:

1. Should I have taken by rescue dose back to 1mg K. (2tablets) And should I hold from here.

2. Should I switch to dry cutting for now instead.

Sincerely

Hoops88 ,

Also, I tested one of my formulas of dropping two tablets of K into 100ml of milk. When i poured the tablet into a dispenser, I noticed that the tablet didn't dissolve properly. It kinda shook my confidence of switching over to liquid titration, incase, i do the dose wrongly. I forgot to shake it before use in the morning, and at around nighttime when I dispensed it the tablet wasnt dissolved when i poured it into the drinking container.

Your tablet is a combination of several different ingredients, in addition the active ingredient, K.  Your .5mg tablet probably weighs about 130mg, so only about .4% is actually K, and 99.6% is "other".  The K will defiitely dissolve, but some of the other excipients will be insoluble.  Don't worry about the insolubles, they will not affect the K solution.

Most tablets readily deconstruct/disintegrate when placed in liquid, but a few brands might have a protective coating that slows down the deconstruction.  If the tablet does not readily break down, you can crush it before adding it to the milk.  But this is usually NOT necessary.

Thanks Builder,

Should I give it another try or stay on 1mg I am not still not so sure.

Liquid titration is the easiest way to taper benzos, and milk if a viable option.  I certainly wouldn't give up!

As mentioned I have Rivotril in my draw where one drop equals 0.1.

Can I ask you if I can get to 0.95 instead by using 0.75mg tablet, and then two drops of Rivotril. Would that be ok?

I'm really put off the whole milk thing for now.