xyprexa? – Zyprexa (Olanzapine)

[Ba...]

My dr. is talking about it for sleep as mostly I can't take anything that works with side effects I can tolerate.

I know it is antipsychotic so right there sounds scary--  anyone try it?

It'd be for severe, lifetime insomnia (my case).

Thanks.

If I were you I would stay away from Zyprexa.

That was the first drug I tried when i was just 18 years old. I am still on Benzos now.

tried cbd 10:1.

when I did try felt a bit revved up.

tried thc gummie which does help but then am hung over, not great, but maybe that worth it.

Kind of felt awful on seroquel.  A half didn't quite put me to sleep and the whole one felt awful.

Might it not give me an occasional night's sleep? .

It absolutely will do that.

But can i tell you, the way you feel when you wake up is like a mind and body numbing. It is a drug designed for schizophrenics that is what I was initially diagnosed with. Then my diagnosis went from Psychosis to > OCD. Much of this could have been avoided. I also remember that I became dependant on it, even 1 tablet and the nights sleep i got was not worth the months of pain after.

Please do not take this drug.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not go on it!!! I was on it for anxiety (low dose 5mg) and within three months I gained 75 pounds. It makes you extremely hungry. I have been off of it for a year and a half and I have not lost one pound. Mind you I eat a plant based diet, so I should be losing weight.

It works very well for sleep, but I felt like a zombie. I would stay away from any Anti-Psy Meds as they can cause weight gain, diabetes and high cholesterol. 

So will feel no better on it than the occasional seroquel...  which did not feel good.

But have to sleep that is why got so sick from flu an coul not fight it off.

Do benzo raise cholstrol an bp and sugar?

• 2 weeks later...

tried thc gummie which does help but then am hung over, not great, but maybe that worth it.

Stick with the THC gummies, the hang over will lift and wont be any worse than any of these other drugs that'll also give you sleep hangovers