4 months into Withdrawal and just relapsed!

[Pa...]

Hi, I’m 4 months into Cold Turkey Withdrawal from Diazepam. I was taking it on and off for 6 years.  The symptoms that have been constant are insomnia and anxiety. My sleeps are broken each night but recently there’s been some small improvements. Last night I got drunk and foolishly took 10mg of Diazepam. Now I’m worried that my withdrawal will start from scratch, and the 4 months will have been for nothing. Any advice or feedback would be much appreciated

Getting drunk during withdrawal can cause a complete setback?  Not trying to scare you, but check out Siggy's Success story.  He got drunk twice after he was doing much better and went back into withdrawal for 10 months the first time and 4.5 months the second time.

Hopefully you will not experience what Siggy did?

Insomnia and anxiety are to be expected.  Especially with a cold turkey.  I did a cold turkey too and had extreme insomnia for months and months along with about 15 other symptoms I won't mention.

You won't know how things will play out after your drinking episode until they play out on their own.

I would avoid any more Valium.  Flush everything or get it out of your house so in a moment of weakness you won't be tempted to take it.  The same with alcohol as it works on Gaba like Benzos.  Avoid both like you would avoid rat poison

Good luck

Look at it as a “rescue” dose which only sets you back a few days with ramped up symptoms. But by no means are you starting from scratch. I would advise to stop drinking and do no more rescue doses. Because enough resue doses WILL set you back to zero. Good luck!